New HWH seat from Recaro....

agurlsride

So I emailed Recaro about the Young Sport and whether they will be testing it to higher weight limit and this is the email I got back:

-Thank you for contacting RECARO North America. At this time the RECARO Young Sport harness is not able to accommodate a child with a weight higher than 40lbs. We will offer a seat in the summer of 2010 with a much higher harness weight limit, at this time this seat is only in the design stage and I am unable to offer anymore information than this, I apologize and hope you understand.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Diann Anderson
Customer Service - Child Seats-

Soooo, I guess I can wait.

ADS

agurlsride

Hahaha...yeah I remember the Como/Signo debut...I waited, and waited, and waited...and then I didn't like the seat.

fyrfightermomma

Blah. That's all I have to say. That seat could easily hold a kid more than 40 lbs. Don't tell me the harness magically rips out at 41 lbs. Seriously...they couldn't test it to like 45 or 50 lbs? We aren't asking for 80, just a teeny bit more than it is. Grrrrrr Some new seats better come out soon for when DD2 is forward facing since the YS is the only seat I'm happy with

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Blah. That's all I have to say. That seat could easily hold a kid more than 40 lbs. Don't tell me the harness magically rips out at 41 lbs. Seriously...they couldn't test it to like 45 or 50 lbs? We aren't asking for 80, just a teeny bit more than it is. Grrrrrr Some new seats better come out soon for when DD2 is forward facing since the YS is the only seat I'm happy with

Well... really they mean, 'We put the 52 pound 6 year dummy old in it, and with only a lapbelt, as FMVSS 213 requires, the head excursion was too high' (somewhere over 32 inches, the max allowed... but 32.5? 37? A mile? lol, who knows)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC