this is interesting...

capeKO71

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz0WW8hdy_U"]YouTube - Best baby carrier - works better than baby slings and backp[/ame]

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hahah, I just used my hip, for free. I guess it's cool (er, cool? uh huh...) for dads, though. If only carseats had carry straps instead of bulky handles... <wistful sigh>.

Thanks for sharing! :)

kaysmom

Interesting! Thanks for sharing

I just kept envisioning my clumsy husband and I trying to navigate our way through stores and busy places with that huge thing attached to our hip knocking people over as we go:eek:

With a sling at least I know I'm not going to knock out a young child:whistle:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That's why it's easier to use a sling than struggle with the carrier.

For some reason, I kept thinking their hands were going to slip off the handle. I was really anxious watching that.

Also, I don't think that watermelon was secured in the car. :p

Joyofbirth

I liked that last bit. It's also great for carrying those small grocery baskets. Because I always load those down with heavy items instead of getting a cart. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Mommy2Marcus

I liked that last bit. It's also great for carrying those small grocery baskets. Because I always load those down with heavy items instead of getting a cart. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

You would be suprised at how much people load those little baskets up! I have seen people spend $80 just out of one of those baskets! It never ceases to amaze me.

As for that clip. I was thinking it would be really awkward trying to get through doors, store isles & other small areas with the baby carrier like that on your hip. It also just does not seem secure to me.

4boysmom

#1 you could always take the baby out and hold them not the carrier (especially if they are awake) and
#2 child plus carrier can weight upwards of 15 pounds (or similar verbage), in what land... I think car seat plus infant is creeping you on 15 pounds. Forget about when they actually gain some weight post birth.

Also one of those nekked stroller frame things would be a lot less unweilding and has a basket underneath so you can carry other stuff besides baby.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I love how we will do anything, just anything, in this country, to keep from actually touching our children.

But regardless...I like how the people usnig that clip have tight/taut pants to clip in onto. I only wear skirts, and flowy ones with elastic at the top...they don't sty up on their own, and if anything waspushing down on them..they'd uh....fall down. Nice.

Chex

The thought that kept running through my head while watching that was, "Beep! Beep! Beep! Wide load coming through!"

How are you supposed to navigate with that thing sticking off your hip?

This does not seem like the "simple solution" it was meant to be.

vonfirmath

I also wonder where they live that they see lots of parents travelling long distances with the carrier. Because around here, the carrier is only carried long enough to set in a stroller or a shopping cart -- it might be carried farther if one was going into a house or apartment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC