The New "Thanks" Feature

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Please feel free to comment on the new "Thanks" system that is under evaluation. It's a little bit like reputation, but the "thanks" are more easily noticed in response to a specific post. You are allowed to give 3 thanks a day. Each "Thank You" also is worth 1 point of reputation.

Due to ongoing use of the reputation point system contrary to its intent, you may now only leave 3 reputation clicks per day. In addition, added reputation points per click are now increased at each increment of 1 year registered, 1500 reputation points or 3000 posts. You must give reputation to 5 members before clicking the same member again. Reputation power is now capped at 10 points per click for all users.

ADS

BigDaddy

Re: Thank You System

I've seen this system on other forums, it does a good job at encouraging people to help others. This is mainly because when they are rewarded with a thanks, it is there for everyone to see. Not sure if it will encourage any more responses on this site, considering that everyone is already extremely helpful and friendly, but it is still a good feature nonetheless.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Darren, can I add more to the title of this post? At first glance at the whole page, I thought, "Why is Big Daddy saying Thank You, System!" :confused:

I like it, though, I'm looking for posts to thank, it's fun! :thumbsup:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

I've seen this system on other forums, it does a good job at encouraging people to help others. This is mainly because when they are rewarded with a thanks, it is there for everyone to see. Not sure if it will encourage any more responses on this site, considering that everyone is already extremely helpful and friendly, but it is still a good feature nonetheless.

Thanks! It is a nice system. I've been using it at other forums and finally decided it was worth a try. I hope it will be used to thank people for good advice in the upstairs forums. This was the original intent of the reputation system, but many people now use it just to reward friends, often for posts in forums where the system is not active.

BeckC

I don't like the way it's displayed on the thread, it breaks it up for me too much. I like reputation much better.

Simplysomething

What BeckC said.

Is there away to disable viewing it? Or do like rep--and disable showing it? (Since people can accumulate rep whether or not it is displayed).

Or, shove it off to the side of the post too?

oh well, I'll get used to it. :)

Maedze

I don't like the way it's displayed on the thread, it breaks it up for me too much. I like reputation much better.

I agree. It destroys the continuity of the thread and is a pain to read.

Also, I'm resisting the urge to thank BeckC and SimplySomething for agreeing with my opinion. I'm so well-behaved, trying not use this new feature that annoys me for evil.

Pixels

Would it be possible to enable Thanks for non-rep forums? Even if it doesn't grant the 1 point of rep, it would be nice to have a way to acknowledge/thank people for good posts downstairs. That may reduce the rep abuse, too.

scatterbunny

I like the idea of being able to use Thanks in the community chat areas, without any rep accumulation. Rep was originally supposed to reward those giving good carseat advice, and make it easier to identify the folks who are truly knowledgeable about CPS. It evolved into something else, which is why it was restricted to only the upstairs help forums. Being able to thank someone in the downstairs forums without adding rep would be nice.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So, on the left is "Thanks" the # of times you have thanked someone? And "Thanked x times in x posts" is how many times you have been thanked? If I have that correct, then I also wish there was a "Thanked for THIS post" that showed the number of times people have thanked you for that specific post INSTEAD of it showing a box with the names of the people that thanked. This method would take up WAY less space, but still show that you've been thanked for this post (and it could be shown in a colour other than green). Any chance that's an option in this version of vB?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is anyone else seeing no thumbs? Mine disappeared (not just from CMC, but even from here, where you can probably see I voted a thumbs up already...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC