Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Article on finding open inspection stations in Massachusetts

http://www.boston.com/community/moms..._no_easy_task/

The article is pretty awful. Gives the impression that parents can only find CPSTs at police stations and similar, and good luck trying to get an appointment.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Article on finding open inspection stations in Massachusetts

I commented...
    Kate - Mom to 2 boys! - CPST

It's off! Yipee!

I wish that the article had the links that you two put in your comments and information on how to go about finding a tech in general in Massachusetts. People shouldn't have to wade through the "only an idiot needs help installing a car seat" comments to get to the actual helpful information that was in your comments!

I know that when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2005, most articles I read about car seat inspections gave the link to the NHTSA site (I think) that just lists the police stations with techs. I remember calling around to several area stations on that list and finding no one to help me. We wound up installing our Snugride then our Evenflo Triumph incorrectly (LATCH in the center of my Volvo). I wish the info on finding an individual tech had been out there then, and it's sad that this article is just perpetuating the same myth that police stations (oh, and a small chain of stores) are the only places to have your seat checked in MA.

I can't figure out what is worse, the article or the comments. I would love to see the installation some of those posters have because I'm sure they are 100% correct
    Mom to Peanut(12/2008) harnessed in FR90 and Snuggle Bug(10/2013) RFing in Blvd CT & XTSL