For The Car Seat Historian

BabyGearCollector

Happened across this free online site to all US Patents: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/

Just need to list your name and an active email address to create an account. After creating my account, I did a couple searches by "Strolee car seat" and "Peterson car seat" to see what turned up. It worked! I found the original patent and sketches of the classic Strolee seat I've been looking for, first submitted in 1971 with final approval in 1973. By doing a generic search by "car seat" you can find all kinds of seat patents over the years - from older hook over seats to the newer molded plastic seats. Each patent found has a list of active links to similar seat patents for reference. You can also save your searches for future reference. Thought it might be of interest to those of you who are car seat history buffs.:)

Dave

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC