Evenflo Generations 65

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
huh
actually a 65 lb generations would be awesome. It really would only need ot be a 50 lb seat, but hey, they can certify it to 65, all the better.
I like the generations, if it has a price point significantly less than the nauti, i'd have no problems recommending it or using it.........yay for more hwh seats!!!

NannyMom

Interesting. I think the Maestro was supposed to look like the Chase. Hmmmmm interesting.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If it truly has 18" slots, as discussed in the KIM thread, it's a different seat than the current Generations, so the 65# would not be retroactive.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, someone my age or older must have remembered when their black and white TV was on a non-channel or the rabbit ears came unplugged and thought, Hey, that was a cool design, I'll put THAT on a carseat! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't wait, I'm sick of telling people at BRU their options for heavy kids include the GN or FR, period, ignore the 4 seats to the left of them (Summit, Generations, Cosco HBB, Chase).

Too bad it's such a crummy booster, though :p

Good find, OP, thanks for sharing!!!!! :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
hmmm.......the current generations has about 17 inch slots....so if the "about 18" was an exaggeration, I can see it being essentially the same generations....even if it only has 17 inch top slots, with 17 and 65 as limits, it'll get most kids to booster age, unlike when it was a 40 lb seat. As currently described, unless they've priced it unreasonably, i'd still buy it. Its a nice, narrow option that can possibly replace the nauti in all those 3- across situations where the nauti almost never works.

PHaley

I'm really glad to hear this, thanks OP. DGD1 just reached 40#s and I know since she'll be 4 in Dec her parents are itching to move to booster, but I'm leeting the borrow the GN as needed and will be happy to make this her b-day gift :) I hope it has 17-18" doesnt really matter she still fits the MA, what are those slots?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
hmmm.......the current generations has about 17 inch slots....so if the "about 18" was an exaggeration, I can see it being essentially the same generations....even if it only has 17 inch top slots, with 17 and 65 as limits, it'll get most kids to booster age, unlike when it was a 40 lb seat. As currently described, unless they've priced it unreasonably, i'd still buy it. Its a nice, narrow option that can possibly replace the nauti in all those 3- across situations where the nauti almost never works.

I agree -- I wouldn't be upset about the slot heights even if they remained the same, but if it's a different mold, there's no way the 65# will be retroactive.

I don't think it's a horrible booster, either. Not fantastic, but not awful.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I agree -- I wouldn't be upset about the slot heights even if they remained the same, but if it's a different mold, there's no way the 65# will be retroactive.

I don't think it's a horrible booster, either. Not fantastic, but not awful.
Yeah, upon closer inspection, it does appear to be better than the Nautilus for some kids :cool:

NannyMom

If someone measured a current Generations, could they come up with 18, even though it's really 17? I know I've heard different people on here measuring different heights on seats sometimes. My friend said they measured the seat at 18 (I couldn't remember if she said 18 or 18.5, but I think 18). So...we'll see what it turns out to be. :)

njkj

If someone measured a current Generations, could they come up with 18, even though it's really 17? I know I've heard different people on here measuring different heights on seats sometimes. My friend said they measured the seat at 18 (I couldn't remember if she said 18 or 18.5, but I think 18). So...we'll see what it turns out to be. :)

I have one I can measure. My son was right at the top slot like 6 mons ago so I don't see haw it can get a kiddo to 65lbs or 50lbs.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I have one I can measure. My son was right at the top slot like 6 mons ago so I don't see haw it can get a kiddo to 65lbs or 50lbs.

Well..it might not get YOUR kid to over 40 lbs, but many of us see kids all the time who have weighted out of the seat, but have oodles of height left. I'd venture that almost all kids weight out of the seat as it is currently. Sure, some tall/longtorsoed, thin kids are going to height out of it.....but not most kids. Raising the weight limit means we're not gonna have bigger 2-3-4 year olds with 2 inches of harness height left, but who are 40+ lbs, having to use it as a booster. It really will be extremely useful to many families, even if it wouldn't help your family.
My dd is 40-41 lbs right now, and has a longer torso, and would have an inch of harness height left in a generations, but yet she wouldnt be able to use it harnessed because of her weight. While it won't get her to 65, or even 50(probably more like 45), raising the limit would be the difference, for her, from having to have switched to booster mode at approximately 4.5 years old to approximately 5.5 years old. That's a pretty important year, but for some families, when it's the difference between 3 and 4, even more important, you know?

fyrfightermomma

Pretty nice. My kid sat in a Generation for the first time three weeks ago, once in an airplane. It was pretty narrow, and she had plenty of room to grow. Even her 6 year old cousin is still harnessed in it with height room to grow (about 35 lbs but probably 44") It's all her cousins sit in in their car. I see most kids getting atleast to 40 in it, maybe even my skinny minny, but probably 45-50. Top slots were decent. It's a great, cheaper option for parents to keep their 41 pound 2-3 year olds out of boosters. No it's not gonna fit a 50-65 pound 7 year old probably, but thats not the target audience. We need to keep those little ones harnessed longer and this will do it. Should get the majority of kids to an appropriate booster age. It may not be "our" ideal booster age, but a decent booster age for the general public which to me is 4. But it should last most kids longer than that. But atleast it would get them to the minimum if they then decide to make the switch. The crotch strap is pretty tight though if I remember correctly.

I actually didn't mind it. I wouldn't want it for our every day seat cause the headrest annoyed me (made her head sit funny) but for DH's car or a backup seat I wouldn't mind it. Pretty easy to install.

No this isn't adjusted correctly bit it was in a plane and I wasn't as anal. The main point was to keep her contained during turbulance. It was adjusted properly for the car. This is an older one, probably 2005-2006. She still had two harness slots above her I think, but atleast one. But I'm 99% sure there was two. She has about a 15" torso. Most kids her height at 41" are atleast 35-40 lbs. So this should get almost all kids to 40 unless they have super torsos.
100_2514.jpg

6y4m cousin. About 35-37 lbs and 43-44" (they have growth issues. The one next to her is smaller than my youngest but is 4 1/2 I think she actually fit in the CS!). This one though is about 2 inches taller than my oldest in the pic above. She has one harness slot left, so shes on 2nd from top. This isn't adjusted either but it gives you an idea of how tall she is and she STILL has harness room above her. A normal kid her height would probably be about 45 pounds.
100_2527.jpg

I dunno, I think the slots are plenty high enough for a low cost seat for 95% of Americans. Remember, the majority isn't "us" LOL This will get most kids to a legal age to be in a booster

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

And I don't see how a GN can get most kids to 65, or a Frontier, a kid to 80. Or a Marathon to 65 or a Radian 80 or XT to 80 or any other # of seats. I'm not seeing the issue. Very few seats get a kid to the weight it says. Obviously there are exceptions but honestly, I never imagine any of my seats getting my kids to the weight they list. *shrug* This isn't something new. I'm not sure why you seem surprised :confused: Before kids outgrew this seat by weight which sucked (ie 2-3 year olds in boosters since they hit 40 then). Now they will outgrow it by height first (ie 45-50ish pounds for most kids, but atleast 40 lbs) which means less 2-3 year olds in boosters (we hope). Sounds like a good deal to me!

Last edited:

myliljunebugs

My son would have outgrown the Nautilus at about 58lbs, but he is a fairly lightweight child. I think DD would last to about 65 since she is heavier per lb than he is. He probably would have outgrown the Generations at about 50lbs, so IMO it is great that they are raising the weight limit on it! DD is 41lbs (lost a little at school) and has tons of room in her friend's Gen. But she is short in the torso so she lasts a long time in most seats. :)

christineka

My dd fit heightwise in the cargo at age 8 and around 45 pounds. I believe the generations' harness height is the same. Dd is now 9.5, around 50 pounds and is just barely within the height limit for the nautilus. I don't have any intention to harness my kids to 65 pounds. Harnessing to age 6-7 is just fine for me.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I thought the Generations made a decent booster? Anyone have pics?

AJ has about 1/2" left in his GN at 54#.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC