Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Community Member BudgieStew's Avatar

Re: If you had $16K to spend and needed three rows what used SUV/Van would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by 2mykids View Post
    I adore the Freestyle and it gets awesome crash test ratings.

Just do NOT get the second row bench seat. You need captains chairs and have the two RF seats there. The FF & seatbelt would have to climb / crawl to the third row. There is only one TT in the third row.

There isn't enough room to RF a seat in the third row, as far as I can tell. I tried a BLVD, Scenera & KF30 with no luck.

I bought a used 06 AWD w/ entertainment package and under 50K miles on it for $11K!
    I third the Freestyle. Haven't owned one but I wanted one the last two car purchases. I had my heart set on a 09 Taurus X Limited AWD but ended up with the Flex.
    *DD N 5 Years 46 inches/44 lbs FF in a Marathon/Parkway SG/Turbo Booster/ and Harnessed Nautilus
    *DS H 7 Years 49 inches/51 lbs in a Monterey and Turbo Booster
    and a Harmony and Radian as back up seats

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads