how do you ever decide?

River

i'm hooked on britax seats and have a roundabout. i have a 25 pound 22 month old and a 22 pound 6 month old!

i need a new convertable for either one of the kids, and i keep pushing my wait time cause we hardly go places with both kids in the same vehicle.

but as i go to purchase the marathon, i see the wizard!

how do you get over always wanting the new and improved one?you know:p

ADS

bazanna

Senior Community Member
yup I know ;)

for me, it's about price, timing, and what I can make work with the situation I have. I was all set to get a marathon for dd, 3, and then there was a HUGE sale on the husky a couple weeks ago, like $100 off. I knew i had room for the husky and it was comforting to think that with that seat, she'll probably never need a booster seat for everyday use (i do have boosters for gma & gpa's car for occasional use).

she was already at 39 lbs...and i'd been wanting a wizard since last summer when i got the advantage for my ds.

I knew the prices on the wiz won't be down for a while...and dd may hit that magical 41 lbs before prices came down substantially on the marathon even....and what a great price i got on the husky.

so that's my story LOL! if the marathon had been out last summer when ds needed to get out of his infant seat, i would have bought that for him, knowing how tall my kids tend to be. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ugh, it's like an addiction! I've owned SO many car seats (over 20 for 2 kids in 5.5 years...including boosters)...I thought I had reached "carseat nirvana" with my Marathon (to rearface my 3 yo dd!) and my Super Elite (pre-LATCH Husky), not to mention the starriser comfy and laptop....now I see how cool the Wizard is...and the Bodyguard booster.....and all the new covers for these seats, too! DD LOVES her arctic cat cover on her MA...and it cost as much as a cheap convertible seat!
I can justify it, of course.....because of the evolving safety features, and all :)...but once you get started buying seats, it can be hard to stop...Soooo, I wish I had an answer for wanting to get over wanting new seats...but alas, I don't :D

bazanna

Senior Community Member
LOL jools! see that little title, technical professional?
<---------right there

on another board i'm on, it says carseat addict

:D :eek: :D :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
User titles

I think Julie was the first one to reach the default time/post thresholds to be able to customize her own title and add an "avatar" icon:)

Congrats, Julie, and thanks for all the help and input!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
CPS Advocate....it almost feels like a title of glory...I *really* need to get some good daycare and hustle myself into a 4-day training so *I* can be a 'technical professional' too:D

bazanna

Senior Community Member
the training was fun...and a nice break from the kids....i'll admit to that....mine was a 1.25 hour drive one way though...hope you can find one closer to you. :)

B

berkley

Raising my hand to join!

After 4 kids I cant even began to think how many infant/carseat/boosters we have had.

All 4 are in one kind of seat or another.

I have to say I love my Marathon!

U

Unregistered

Britax Wizard

Do you have the wizard and what do you think? Are the side wings for the head annoying or a nice feature. I actually just bought one of these - went to go get the Marathon as well, and saw the wizard - still in the box - want to know what others think.

bazanna

Senior Community Member
mamamia has two Wizards. I hope she sees this and tells you how she likes them. I think she's pretty happy with them so far. :)

mamamia

Yup! We have two, and couldn't be happier. We have the Windowpane fabric, and the girls (3.5 y and 18 months) love the head rests. Ours were manufacturered in August of 2003. I called Britax and they said they didn't change the head rest til mid September, but my headrests are clearly different (wider) than Darren's. My 3 year old's head did not fit in the original July New Blues Wizard's. I literally had to push her head to fit in the head rest, but in the Windowpane seats she fits with room to spare on each side. Actually just the other day the girls were both sleeping in the car, and DH said "I don't know if those head things do anything in a crash, but they were worth the $500 just for the sleeping comfort." We spend enough time in the car that I really do agree. My 3 year old hadn't slept in the car in about a year before getting the Wizards since she would wake up with a sore neck. The head rest on the Wizards completely prevents that. BRU has a great return policy-even if you use the seats for a while. So I would suggest trying the seat for a few days or a week to make sure your child likes the seat. I would think there are some children that simply will not tolerate the head rests. Good Luck-Hope your child likes the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC