Any ideas for Car Safety Week?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'm thinking about volunteering something at DD's preschool (6week daycare up to before and after school care for elementary). The school knows I'm a tech and what it means; another tech mom also has a daughter in a different class.

The other mom attempted to do a seat-check kind of thing, and there was NO INTEREST. However, it wasn't advertised well, fwiw. I see a LOT of misuse up in there.

I was thinking about a flier, but I don't want it too overwhelming with info. And I don't want it to be so boring looking that everyone throws it out either, you know? I've been perusing SafetyBeltSafe, but I wasn't sure if there were any good brochures that someone here has made that might be nice. Or more up-to-date :)

I would attempt to make my own brochure, but I'm way too ill-equipped to do it.

ADS

Jonah Baby

I could help a bit - I was in school for four years learning graphic arts.

I would use a flier that grabs attention, and what does that best with a parent? Something that challenges their knowledge/ability to parent their child/keep them safe.
I know that sounds horrible...but people WILL stop to look.

Something like:
"How much do YOU know about your child's safety?"
"Are you REALLY keeping your child safe?"
"Is YOUR child's seat being used correctly?"

Include on the flier that (what is the statistic now?) every X/10 child seats are improperly used, tightened, installed, etc. This scares people, haha. OR, you could even use this statistic as the main line on the flier!
"Ever X/10 child seats are improperly used. How about YOURS?
Come find out at X on X with our school's Child Passenger Safety Technicians!"

The point is to make people first interested enough to read the flier - using a phrase that "challenges" their parenting, etc. - then gets them to actually want to come using curiosity - "IS my seat installed right?!"
Some parents may show up just to see if "that Tech actually knows what shes talking about." But that is ok, it gets them there, and it may get their improper seat usage corrected.

Let me know if you want me to try whipping up some fliers, I've got graphic design programs at home.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC