Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Toy House & TF

Toy House & TF

So I went to Toy House today to see if they had the True Fit. I knew they carry the Compass/First Years boosters, so I thought it would be pretty likely. Nope. They do actually have one in the store, that was sent to them, still unopened. But Phil won't sell them because according to all the research he's done, they don't install well in too many cars. So all he sells for convertible seats are the Britax line. They do sell the SGGo and a few different carriers, but I only saw those in a combo w/stroller. I was highly disappointed in my trip there today, although I did get to use Bug as a model in their RF display to show people what kids do with their legs.

So who here thinks the TF is hard to install?

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Re: Toy House & TF

He doesn't carry the Radian for the same reason.

Love the store/staff, but sometimes I wonder about his train of thought. (He stocks the Mighty-Tite too and loves the stupid thing)

He might as well stop selling car seats altogether if he doesn't want to sell seats that don't install well in all cars...
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

I know, there was one sitting on the shelf right next to the test...seat (not a bench, just a single seat, lol) with a few locking clips. The last time I was there one of the employees was recommending a snuggler thing. It just worries me because I've been told they install seats for people. And no one there is certified right now.

Yet he sells the Frontier and the Regent.

What research has he done that says it hard to install If you were closer to Kalamazoo, TottoTeen carries the TF
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

I don't know, I think he's just biased toward Britax. My Target carries a TF, but it's in a box. I just wanted to play with one before we get ours. Oh well, I'll just have to wait. I'm so impatient though.

Uh, I've found the True Fit to be rather easy to install.

That's crazy talk. Especially the Mighty Tite.
    Jenny
    CPST and mommy to
    Jessica 6.18.06 and Tyler 8.5.08
    Both riding in Frontier 85s

I would just buy the one at Target and return it if it doesn't fit. I am pretty sure as long as all the manuals and such are there they will still take it back.

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015