Pics of 4yo, 2yo, and 7 week old in Complete Air

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Sorry for the cell phone pics, I took my Canon and forgot the memory card :rolleyes:. Please ignore straps, none of them are securely strapped in since they were in the store and not going anywhere :)

First, Mali with the headrest all the way up. She just turned 4, and is 41" tall and weighs 33.5 pounds.
completeair4.jpg

completeair3.jpg

Next is Scarlett, 2.5 yo, 22 pounds, 36"
completeair2.jpg

And Bodhi, 7 weeks, ~10 pounds, 24 inches
completeair5.jpg

ADS

Wineaux

Yep, it confirms that the seat fits kids over 40" tall, as well as the fact that it sucks for newborns. I thinking it's not going to be a decent fit until an average child is right around 12-18 months. Anyone else?

scatterbunny

I don't think it'll take most kids that long to fit it properly. I'd guess that by the time most babies are outgrowing a bucket seat, they'd fit in this. :shrug-shoulders: Pretty much the same as the Alpha Omega/3-in-1s and Britax convertibles as far as lowest slot height goes.

An Aurora, your kids are all way too cute. :love:

Wineaux

I'm looking at that head slump and how much more torso height she'll need before her head will be inside the wings. That's a lot of growing to do...

scatterbunny

Head slump = seat is in the store, not installed in the car at a 45 degree angle ;)

I really don't think there's that much torso growth to be done, considering how fast babies grow at this age. IIRC, the lowest slot setting is in line with the 3-in-1s and Britax convertibles. Most babies seem to fit those seats just fine when the infant seat is outgrown.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the noob pic! This is my biggest issue exactly. I agree that the problem will be gone if graduating from outgrowing bucket to convertible.

DS is STILL too short for the effing thing, at 17lbs and 27 inches. Seriously? Come on. And that's installed, at 45*.

And FTR, he's fit in the marathon fine for at least a month. The bottom slots of the Complete Air about about half an inch higher (10.5 versus 10 inches, in my estimation), but when installed, DS's head is below the "balloon" of the air pocket, if that makes sense. I worry that in a side-impact, his head would bounce off the bottom of the wing rather than the air pocket. Not that there are any hard or sharp parts there, but in a collision, who knows? In any event, DD is borrowing the seat until DS grows, apparently.

I know it's not a huge issue, as *we* love the seat for fitting older kids (ignoring the 40inch issue ATM). But I worry about the younger babies, or the ones like DD who hated the bucket - she wouldn't have fit the Air until almost a year, if that.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I'm looking at that head slump and how much more torso height she'll need before her head will be inside the wings. That's a lot of growing to do...

Bodhi is a boy :whistle:

He has the shortest torso of my children; DD2 fit well into the MA by 8 weeks but he is still miles away from the MA bottom slot. I'm sure within another couple of months he will be tall enough.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Your kids are beautiful! They could rf forever, lol! Here's Olivia the other night. She's just under the slots, 1/2" or so and that's installed upright in the store.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

doriansmummy

Question is how in the world did you take 3 kids to babiesrus? Are you crazy!?:p

They are all beautiful!:love: Where is Mali's top from? I love the colors!

christineka

Question is how in the world did you take 3 kids to babiesrus? Are you crazy!?:p

Try 6 sometime. I lost track of the 2 yo that was running round and round the car seat area. Fortunately, it was a relatively small store with few shoppers.

I tried out the CA. How do you get the seat at a 45 degree angle anyway? I tipped the seat back to the 45 degree angle and I think about 6 pool noodles would have to go under it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Haha, Leah's 41 inches, 35 pounds, and at the third from the top slot. She and Mali could not share pants, I'm guessing :love:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

They are all beautiful!:love: Where is Mali's top from? I love the colors!

I had my mom and DH with me.

Both are wearing petal dresses from HappyGreenBee. We got them skirt/top combos at the Green Fest in Seattle last yr and saw them again at our little state fair. They always have a sale rack with dresses for $5 :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC