For Sale / Wanted sub-forum?

drey

I've noticed a few posts listing items for sale, in the Coffee Break section. Maybe we could have a For Sale/Items Wanted sub-forum within Coffee Break? That way, people who have extra seats for sale could list there, and people looking for something could also post for what they're looking for?

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The volume of for sale postings is low, but it might be handy to keep them from disappearing off the main page so fast. On the other hand, while it is allowed to post for sale items, it wasn't the intent to encourge using Car-Seat.Org as a swap area. This could change if enough users think this would be useful to them. A "test" forum for signatures, avatars and photos is also under consideration.

If you have an opinion, please reply to this thread over the next few weeks.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I may want to sell a couple spare seats soon myself.... However, I believe there should be some basic requirements:
  • sellers must submit the Used Seat Checklist
  • nonCPSTs should take detailed photos of the seat, especially DOM & model number
I believe CPSTs can be granted a bit more freedom in the way of photos since we inherently carry more knowledge + responsibility = liability regardless (& I must admit I simply don't have the $ for a new camera yet mine makes rather fuzzy shots :eek:)

skipspin

I think that it would have to be somehow limited to technicians and/or members with a certain number of posts or reputation, or require special approval if the seat is NIB or similar. Right now a lot of visitors wouldn't think of posting seats for sale, and that could be a good thing since it could cause a lot of problems or suspicions.

I think it's great that regular trusted users and techs can sell used seats, but I believe it would be contrary to the purpose of the board to have basically unknown posters selling seats, especailly if there was a lot of volume.

The used seat checklist requirement is a great idea as well.

drey

Great feedback!

A used checklist requirement would be a must, if this goes through. I was just thinking of the extra seats that members sometimes look to sell - this would be as good a place as any other. Also, I thought a sub-forum would be handy just so sellers wouldn't have to keep bumping up, and the rest of us have someplace to take a quick look-see if we're "shopping"... :p

I agree with skipspin, to have sales be limited to techs to start with, until there's an agreement on the requirements for non-techs to be able to list their seats. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying from someone who's not a regular here, anyway...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Most likely- posting would be limited to Senior Community Members, though read access would be given to all registered users (or some similar arrangement). There would certainly be a used seat checklist, but beyond that it would probably be "let the buyer beware." You can have as many photos as you want, have a long time user who is a technician and still have people that feel the deal didn't go as planned for one reason or another. Even as it is now, if you have any qualms about buying a used seat, you should probably buy a new one instead or suggest the seller make a private auction on ebay to give you some protection.

Sharlene

Senior Community Member
Speaking of that, Robert, do you or anyone you know have any need for an expired Alpha Omega? My older seats are starting to expire. I've got so many seats around that I really don't need this one. I may have to start finding homes for my seats that are not expired, LOL

Sharlene

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Carseat Swap forum is now a reality. It's a sub forum of the Strollers & Gear forum. All registered users may read, but you must be a Senior Community Member to post a new For Sale/Trade or Wanted thread. Thank you for the suggestion!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC