• Yes

Votes: 51 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 37.2%
  • Other/clicky/Go to bed!

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters

xxluckychicxx

So I ordered DS a Red Rock Frontier and had the site still up and DS saw it and said "Ooooh I want the pink seat!!!". His favorite color is pink, and I really dont have a problem with him having a pink seat, but I just dont know if I should cancel the order and get him the pink one. On the other hand though, it would look super cute with DD's new Alma MyRide that I just ordered :whistle:

Poll to come.

ADS

BeckC

Sure, why not? Of course with a seat like the Frontier, I'd be prepared to order a different cover in a few years if a pink seat isn't cool anymore.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Dude, that's what 3 seats in you have ordered today? That must be some sort of record, even for this board...:p

xxluckychicxx

Dude, that's what 3 seats in you have ordered today? That must be some sort of record, even for this board...:p

:eek: Yeah, I'm so bad. I need a support group.

B-b-but I did sell the 2 XTs today so each kid needed a new seat, and of course we need an extra, and that deal was too good to pass up. Right? RIGHT? Atleast thats what I told myself :rolleyes:

On a side note, I got all of my bills paid off so I needed to reward myself... :p

ks1978

I said No because he might like a different color next year and not want to sit in a "girly" seat. So unless you are prepared to order another cover, I wouldn't do it. For something that has a limited lifespan or is inexpensive (a tshirt? backpack?) I would have no problem with anything pink. I say this as the mom of a 7 year old who loved pink/purple and very abruptly started disliking them around the age 3-4.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I said No because he might like a different color next year and not want to sit in a "girly" seat. So unless you are prepared to order another cover, I wouldn't do it. For something that has a limited lifespan or is inexpensive (a tshirt? backpack?) I would have no problem with anything pink. I say this as the mom of a 7 year old who loved pink/purple and very abruptly started disliking them around the age 3-4.

I thought of that, but, you know, that's really just a great excuse to buy another seat if that happens. :whistle:

xxluckychicxx

I'm not too worried about him changing his mind later and having to get a new cover. I can either swap it or just buy a new one. And one could hope that better cover options will come out :whistle:

Holly

I voted no but only because my kids don't pick their seats, I pick them and I like neutral so thats what we have. They don't really seem to have an opinion on what seats we have or the colors, but maybe they would if I'd ever given them the option to choose. I'll probably let them choose what color/pattern they want for their boosters when they are older, after I decide which booster I want them to have.

ZephyrBlue

Yep. I bought DS the Shannon Blvd when he asked for it.

I don't understand not letting kids choose something as innocuous as car seat colors, but that's just me.

My now 4 1/2 year old was obsessed with pink from 2-3 1/2 years old. I would of bought him a pink seat if they didn't dirty so easily. :)

I would say since you can swap on here-go for it! :)
And of course we want pics when they come in. :D

I let my kids choose their seats even if they don't match. It helps them want to stay in their seats better. :)

Shaunam

DS wants a pink seat. And I'd totally let him get it too, except the one he wants is VILE. I wouldn't even let a girl get it. And oh how it would clash with his hair! :eek: Anyway, yes, I would buy a boy a pink seat and if he picks out a more reasonable pink seat, I will get it for him.

I figure, if he outgrows the liking pink phase (or rather, people make fun of him and make him think it's stupid to like pink :rolleyes:) I would just put the cover up on swap here. So maybe I wouldn't get a discontinued pink seat, but one I know I could easily get a "boy" cover if necessary.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Ds LOVES his sisters pink frontier.
I'm not sure I could actually *order* one FOR him though...I know, it's sexist...an infant seat or even a smaller convertible? sure.....BUT, here isthe deal..the frontier is going to be used when the kid is what? 4-10 or so? Even though he might be enamored of pink RIGHT NOW, chances are peer pressure will kick in at asome point, and by 6-7 years old, I'm sure he wont want to be riding around in a pink seat anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC