How great is the Triumph Advance really?

my3girls

OK, I have a 5.5 year old that rides very happily in a MA. Fits her great, she will outgrow it sometime soon, I'll guess in the next year or a little less. But she will then move to her sister's (turns 7 next month) Regent at that point. Older sis will go to a booster then. I was fine with that plan, but then I found the ETA for $35 and HAD TO have it!! :)

Will the ETA buy me more harness time over the MA? OR should I find someone to sell it to that will benefit from it long term (DOM - 4-23-09 :thumbsup:)? AND my seats are in a 2000 Dodge Gr Caravan that does not get a good rating for side impact crashes because it lacks side airbags. TIA!!

ADS

Mommy0608

A Triumph Advance for $35?! :eek: Where??

It will probably get you a little more harnessed time than the MA, but not a whole lot.

NannyMom

The EFTA harness is not taller than the harness on the Marathon. I'd stick to the original plan.

my3girls

A Triumph Advance for $35?! :eek: Where??

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?! They were at my local WM and I noticed 2 on clearance for $70 each, then Tues I noticed one was gone and I checked the price again and it was $35, I about passed out!! I just couldn't walk away from it!!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
eh. Depends. How old is your marathon and is it in good shape? If I could sell the marathon for substantially more than $35 (heck, the COVER is probably woth more, unless it's trashed and uber-common), I woudl probably go ahead and sell the Ma, use the EFTA, and make a nice little profit. If I needed the money.

Mommy2Marcus

I :love: :love: :love: my EFTA. It is my favorite seat that I have ever owned! However I am not sure that the EFTA will give you much if any more harness time.

However if I found one for $35 there is NO way I could pass it up either, even though I have NO need for anymore more seats. However I might just have to run to Wal-Mart tomorrow & check to see if there are any just b/c!

my3girls

How old is your marathon and is it in good shape? If I could sell the marathon for substantially more than $35 (heck, the COVER is probably woth more, unless it's trashed and uber-common), I woudl probably go ahead and sell the Ma, use the EFTA, and make a nice little profit. If I needed the money.

See, I was thinking about this. I looked up my MA and we got it Aug 06, so there's not much life left to sell it for, BUT the cover is Dragonfly Couture - SUPER, super cute, in good condition, and I think on the right day on ebay I could make some money with it. *shrug* I guess for now I'm still on the fence, maybe I'll find the right person soon for the EFTA. Here's my cover, NOT "uber-common" ;): http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/m3glaura/car seats/peanut/newdragonfly.jpg

Mommyto3kiddos

Our WalMart here never has clearance on their carseats. Probably since I live in the middle of nowhere. I would love to get an EFTA.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC