Quick answer needed please on Regent seat depth measurements!

menfusse

Someone needs to know the seat depth on a Regent. Not the seating depth for the child, but the actual measurement across the bottom of the seat. A friend of mine needs to know tonight and DH has our van at work so i can't measure.

ADS

CatSanders

If you are looking for the widest part of the seat it was 21 inches. If it is going the otherway I cant get a good measure because my Son's seat is right next to it. It is basically the exact size of the regular seat.

Cathy

menfusse

Yeah, I was looking from front to back measurements. She wants to see how much more room it might take up and take away from her ds's leg room. Mine is next to a RF seat, so i can't really compare the two on that part.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's not longer than the front to back of most vehicle seats, anyway. She'd only have a problem in a very small sedan or if she (or dh) are in the habit of reclining the front seats quite far.
If it's top tethered, it can be installed without the recline bar, and it really fits fine on most vehicle seats that way.
:)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I can't get a good measurement of the Regent's depth front to back without uninstalling it, and I'm kind of loathe to do that because it usually requires four hands to reinstall in the third row center in my van. If it would help a bit, though, the Regent measures about 19" from the vehicle seat bight in my van to the front edge of the Regent. The Regent is installed with the recline bar in my van. A Regent installed without the recline bar might not take up quite as much vehicle seat depth. Mind you this measurement was hastily taken with a teething toddler in tow who really wanted to chew on my paper tape measure, so your mileage may vary. ;) It may also vary depending on the particular vehicle's seat angle and contouring.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC