Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: $99 True Fits on WOOT.COM!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
    Is this a credible site? I had never heard of it before this great car seat deal.
    Totally credible. I've ordered dozens of things from Woot over the last 5 years or so and not once have I ever had a problem.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: $99 True Fits on WOOT.COM!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
    Is this a credible site? I had never heard of it before this great car seat deal.
    I've ordered shirts from shirt.woot and i have friends who've ordered from the other woot sites with no problem. just be aware that the return policy is a bit wonky. read the faqs first if you've never ordered from them before.

Carseat Crazy

Re: $99 True Fit on Woot.com!!!

I just got one too
    A (2/99) M (7/00) J (10/04) B (4/07) S (3/09)

Carseat Crazy

btw how long does Woot generally take to ship? and is it usually UPS or FedEx?

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stegmanc View Post
    really? I went to merry go round and couldn't fit it in the captains chairs unless I had the front seats kissing the dashboard. It fit well FF, but RF I just couldn't get it in well.
    I was able to fit it rf in a captain's chair in about the same amount of space as our BV/MAs. I had it pretty upright, though, and ignored the red line. I didn't use it - I was just checking the fit, didn't have the pics checked here, and am not a tech. At a minimum I thought it would fit fine a little more reclined in the passenger side 2nd row with the seat shifted towards the middle of the van (using the latch).

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Thanks! I want one but I may stick it out with my Safety 1st Intera that doesn't expire until 2013.
    C, Wife to AK. Mama to E~ Graco TurboBooster & A~ 5, Graco TurboBooster, Baby #3 due Aug. 2014
    Avatar: Graco Nautilus, Safety 1st Intera, Graco Snugride. Installed in a 2011 Lexus IS 250!

Carseat Crazy

Just got one to replace my crashed seat. I hope they don't rub out...

I just got 2! DH called me to tell me he was on his way home so I asked him if I should get 1 or two (if any at all) and he said to go ahead and get 2 - I think he hates transferring the seats as much as I do!

WOOHOOO my mom just bought us one
    Nikki, Navy wife to Kevin and Mom to Jacob 6/05, 57in, and 62lbs riding in a harmony youth and other variuos backless boosters and Grace 11/09, 41in, and 40lbs riding in a Nauti (rear faced for 2y and 10 1/2 months)
    Baby Emily 7/12 , riding in a BV70

Carseat Crazy

My ILs need a new seat for DS (he outgrew the Eddie Bauer seat they were using for him, that I told them not to buy cuz I knew he'd outgrow it a year after they go it ). Im not willing to let ds ride in just a booster yet. DS is about 41lbs, 44" and 4y7m old. If they were willing to spend the money, this seat would keep him harnessed for a while still. Does it do a decent job as a booster?
    DS1:68# & 58", FF in Amp (passes 5 step in most cars) DD1:55# & 51", FF in Pkwy SGL
    DD2:50# & 48", FF in Radian DS2:38# & 40", FF in MA
    Rollin' safely in our Odyssey

I want one sos so bad!!! If only I wasnt broke!

Chloe: 2 1/2 years old 31lbs and 36ins 11in torso Rear Facing in a Graco MyRide 65 and Cosco Scenera
    Angel Babies: 03.07.10 and 05.05.11

Quote Originally Posted by Wife&MomX3 View Post
    My ILs need a new seat for DS (he outgrew the Eddie Bauer seat they were using for him, that I told them not to buy cuz I knew he'd outgrow it a year after they go it ). Im not willing to let ds ride in just a booster yet. DS is about 41lbs, 44" and 4y7m old. If they were willing to spend the money, this seat would keep him harnessed for a while still. Does it do a decent job as a booster?
    The TF does not convert to a booster.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    The TF does not convert to a booster.
    I was looking at the specs of a bunch of different seats and got them confused. Oops!
    DS1:68# & 58", FF in Amp (passes 5 step in most cars) DD1:55# & 51", FF in Pkwy SGL
    DD2:50# & 48", FF in Radian DS2:38# & 40", FF in MA
    Rollin' safely in our Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by amjbmommy View Post
    btw how long does Woot generally take to ship? and is it usually UPS or FedEx?
    They can be pretty wonky with their shipping. Sometimes they will ship stuff fast and you will have it within a week, but other times they can take a while to ship stuff out. I know when they had the Comos they had some issues with the shipping (but most of that could have been the east coast blizzard at the time). I have had some other stuff from them and on average I would say about 7-10 days for shipping.

Oh, and they ship via FedEx.

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by disbugsmomma View Post
    They can be pretty wonky with their shipping. Sometimes they will ship stuff fast and you will have it within a week, but other times they can take a while to ship stuff out. I know when they had the Comos they had some issues with the shipping (but most of that could have been the east coast blizzard at the time). I have had some other stuff from them and on average I would say about 7-10 days for shipping.

Oh, and they ship via FedEx.
    Thanks! Yipee for FedEx..... my FedEx man comes first thing in the am.... UPS not till the afternoon.... not that I stalk them or anything

Oh, and don't go by when woot says you will get it, it's often wrong. We have received stuff before even getting the shipping info email.

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012

Quote Originally Posted by misstephani View Post
    Does any one know if this will fit in a smaller car? I drive an 02 Mazda Protege 5, and while I have a hand me down convertible, this is an amazing deal, but I don't want ot buy it if it won't fit.
    Yes it will fit in a smaller car. I own a 2 door Impreza & it fits quite nicely. Here is a picture to show it RF in there.

Sorry the 2nd one is SO dark.

ETA: It fits in the same space that the My Ride 65 fits in in my signature picture. I have yet to find a convertible that will not fit back there really.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

CPS Technician

So, who's the other tech that's been posting on the thread over at woot.kids? I was shocked to see so many people already doing ERF, and the receptiveness to it by those not yet doing so. Of course there is always the one Freakonomics dipshit that has to poke their nose in, but I think we sliced the end off of it pretty quickly.
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

WHY did I just do that? I do NOT need another seat. I have one child and a carseat installed in 3 different vehicles, and now, I'll have 4!
    Tia- CPST wife to Riki
    Stay at home mama to:
    Sophia 11.29.07 riding in a Britax Parkway SGL
    Alaina 8.21.10 riding in a Britax Frontier 90
    Surro Twins L & E 1.6.13 & Surro Baby #3 Due 11.10.14

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

i couldn't get the site to load but I am hoping some of you will be putting these up in swap... Heheh *evil laugh*
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!