SS1 and SR32

Dillipop

Was the SS1 discontinued when the SR 32 came out or are they both in production?

I want to get my SIL (who is due in a few weeks) either a SS1 or SR32. There are some great deals on SS1's, but is it because they are discontinued and older DOMs?

Also, which seat would you get? They are active, outdoorsy people. They both run marathons. When they first got married, they climbed Denali. They seem to be into more modern furnishings and such. Help with pattern would be appreciated.

I also need to find something tonight and something that would be guaranteed to make it to Utah by Tuesday. Yes- I was told tonight that the shower is Tuesday. Go inlaws!

But I am excited because her sisters, SIL and I are going in on the seat and I get to pick it out!!! Yay!

ADS

canadiangie

I'm guessing the SS1 will be phased out, but that they'll be around for a while (in stores/online) and at good prices until they're gone. As for DOM, it's so hard to know. That said, sometimes the pattern can sort of dicate DOM.. example of this would be French Roast -- no longer made, but still sold, will have an older DOM... Portica, again, not a current pattern, will have an older DOM, etc, etc. Then there's the flipside, which is old patterns like Rittenhouse showing up on the new SR32... I guess it was a good seller or something. :p

In terms of what pattern is most mod/chic, that's just such a subjective thing to answer. Lemongrass is pretty funky, but I'm not sure where it's available. Montreal pattern is quite nice as well.

Do you know if they'll be pairing said seat with a particular stroller?

Dillipop

They have an orange BOB single. I was thinking about getting nectar, but it won't get there in time, so I'll have to just send a picture and it will show up a bit late.

None of the current SS1, SR32, Keyfit 30, or even regular SR match. Most of the seats on the market have brown (their car interior is black) or green in them.

zactayaus

They have an orange BOB single. I was thinking about getting nectar, but it won't get there in time, so I'll have to just send a picture and it will show up a bit late.

None of the current SS1, SR32, Keyfit 30, or even regular SR match. Most of the seats on the market have brown (their car interior is black) or green in them.

Too bad the "boon" pattern only comes in a travel system. I believe it has some orange in it.

gracoboon.jpg

MaineRN

how fun!! :D car seat shopping!!!
i would like to know a little more about your SIL before recommending SS1 vs SR32. IF she is car seat savy like you and will put her infant in a RF convertible after the infant seat, then i'd go with the SS1. reason being, by the time the infant is 22lb i wouldnt want to be lugging an infant carrier in and out of the car anyway, so may as well move on to the convertible- at least thats the plan for my baby we'll see :rolleyes:
IF you think she may not do RF in the next car seat, i'd for sure go with the SR32 so the baby can be RF as long as possible. maybe tell her its ok if the legs stick out the bottom of the seat- i think so many parents i know think thats a disqualifier and its outgrown when really its only the head room that matters.
if you go with the SR32, i'd go with lemongrass- i think matching with the car is most important and its modern and fun- i've seen it in person- i think the fabric would be cool on warm summer days- despite being black. my car interior is black too... my 2nd choice would be the zurich- i REALLY like that pattern but its brown and again doesnt go as well with the interior of my car and that matters to me i guess. who knows if that would even occur to your SIL!!!
IF you go with the SS1, i LOVE the nectar- you said that wouldnt get there on time?? i'd do it anyway- getting the product you actually WANT would override the wait and not being able to take it home from the shower- but thats just me.
hope this opinion helps you and good luck!!!

Dillipop

MaineRN- the SS1 goes to 30 pounds and 32 inches. It's almost identical to the snugride 32, with 2 pounds less. It should get most kids past a year- mine made it to 18 months.

Do you think the nectar would look good with the orange BOB?

canadiangie

MaineRN- the SS1 goes to 30 pounds and 32 inches. It's almost identical to the snugride 32, with 2 pounds less. It should get most kids past a year- mine made it to 18 months.

Do you think the nectar would look good with the orange BOB?

That all depends on how much someone likes orange.

I do not, and so having an orange seat would not thrill me. :p

But many, many, MANY people around here Love orange.

You said they're outdoorsy... they have an orange BOB... I bet they'll like it. Go for it. :thumbsup:

Dillipop

I ended up getting the nectar from albee baby for $99. I added a small rattle to get free shipping. It won't make it in time for the shower, but I am going to email a picture to my SIL to put in a card from all of us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC