MAEDZE! Will the Myride fit RFing in the 3rd row Ford Freestar?

arly1983

I really want to put C back RFing. It would make me feel better about having to turn her FFing at 23 months old due to weight (over 35 lbs).

However, because of the dropoff and pickup line, the only way I can do this is to put her RFing in the 3rd row. Otherwise there is no way to buckle J in and he can't do it himself.

I bought a 40lb RFing radian but it was a way no go and I tried to make it work. I put S in the 3rd row RFing but that didn't work out.

So my only other option is to order a MyRide. There is no way I can see one in person. I know she would fit by height so I am not worried about that.

I am going to order one from somewhere with a good return policy but it would be nice if I knew if it fit.

Anyone know?

ADS

Maedze

Just for you, I will try it tomorrow once it's light out and there are no hobos hanging around outside my car :D

Maedze

Eh, maybe the proper term is thugs. They hang out in the street at night and act all big and bad. They're actually total wimps, in the daylight. They used to hang out in the kids' playground acting like uncivilized neanderthals until I put on my best "Paramedic is here, in charge, get the hell off my incident" voice and scared them off.

Still, even the wimpiest thugs can be dangerous in the dark, so I prefer to avoid them when I can.

Maedze

So, um, bad news. And honestly, I a little shocked, I didn't expect there to a be a problem.

Because the rear seat is completely parallel the ground, it forces the MR to be quite reclined, to the point that, even with the front seat moved all the way up and in the bolt upright position, the MR actually doesn't FIT rear facing in the third row:eek: And it's not even a little overlap that you could work through. It's substantial.

You have the captain's chairs, you you *might* be able to put in the middle position and depending on how much room you have, the top could rest between the captain's chairs. If they're close together, you won't be able to do it.

You might be able to do it with a CA, though...that seat is pretty upright, naturally, and the footprint isn't as broad.

arly1983

So, um, bad news. And honestly, I a little shocked, I didn't expect there to a be a problem.

Because the rear seat is completely parallel the ground, it forces the MR to be quite reclined, to the point that, even with the front seat moved all the way up and in the bolt upright position, the MR actually doesn't FIT rear facing in the third row:eek: And it's not even a little overlap that you could work through. It's substantial.

You have the captain's chairs, you you *might* be able to put in the middle position and depending on how much room you have, the top could rest between the captain's chairs. If they're close together, you won't be able to do it.

You might be able to do it with a CA, though...that seat is pretty upright, naturally, and the footprint isn't as broad.

Oh, my, so the $269 dorel seat might be my only option. :( Off to go look for somewhere to order from with great return shipping.

So that makes two seats that will not fit RFing into that 3rd row: the radian and the myride. I think I am not liking the Freestar 3rd row so much anymore.

ETA: Oh, Splash, don't you want to go install the CA RFing in AJ's 3rd row and let me know how it works out? :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC