weight of RA50?

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know how much the RA 50 weighs? I have seen 16 and 19lbs on different websites. The reason I ask is because we were going to get a EFTA for DH car but then realized that between that and my TrueFit, we don't really have a good option for air travel (which we do several times a year). So I thought maybe the Britax RA 50 might be a good option, rather than getting a cheap 3rd seat just for travel purposes.

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You could also get something like a Traveling Toddler or a luggage trolley and bungee cords so that way you don't need to carry the seat, and it becomes irrelevant how much it weighs.

Wendy

jujumum

My Decathlon, which is nearly the same as an RA50, weighs 14.5lbs. It is about 1.5lbs lighter than our MA. I spend way too much time playing with my car seats.:whistle:

Oh, we bought a used Britax stroller on craigslist a few years ago for $25 and used it for carrying our DC & RA through the airport and then as a stoller at our destination. The base of the DC fit in the seat, and we stacked the RA upside down on top (nesting) and clasped the tethers together. The stroller is a little beat up, but not part of a recall and since it was so cheap, it doesn't bother us if the baggage handlers are rough with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC