Question about True Fit Premier

winterbabies

I was looking at the the True Fit carseats and considering buying one.. I'm a little confused about the True Fit premier. It says it has this has an anti rebound bar which seems to be the main difference from the original True fit. But is this bar only useful when the seat is rear facing? This seat would be a replacement for my 2 1/2 year old so I would use it foward facing.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Yes, the only difference is in rear facing. What size is your two year old?

If you're only using it for forward facing, you may also want to consider something like the Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier. What do you drive?

jess71903

Ambassador
Yep, it's only a rear-facing feature. If your child is over 35lbs, then it would be of no use to you.

winterbabies

Thank you! That was not clear to me in the write ups for the premier. I drive an Odyssey, my son is close to 3 years old,about 36" tall and skinny at about 30 pounds. He is currently in a foward facing seat, but its a few years old so would like to replace it.(I got a convertible before he was born for a shower gift). So would the regular True fit would be the best option? I would like a seat that will last him a good long time.

jess71903

Ambassador
If you don't want to turn him around (and for a normal 3 year old, that's fine), I would skip the convertible seats altogether. Look at the Graco Nautilus and the Britax Frontier. I personally love the Nauti, and can't see paying for the Frontier, but some feel exactly the opposite. They both harness higher than a convertible seat, and then turn into boosters later.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC