Question Why only the XTs?

mommaon112903

I am sure, or hope to hear, when the official word is given, that why only the XTs will be rated to 45lbs RF and not the 80 or 65.

We always hear and see on the SK website that all the seats are virtually identical, so why only the XT to be rated to 45lbs :confused:

I really like the XTs, but it is the most expensive model and while I would :love: to be able to RF to booster age at what point does the extra 5lbs and $ make a difference? I know it all depends on the child, but honestly if we keep hearing/seeing that all the seats are virtually the same, why only the XT? What is so different about it?

Thanks for any insight you can give! :)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Actually, we don't usually say that the seats are identical. We say that they have identical shell heights and strap slots, but the 80s and XTs have a reinforced frame, and if only the XTs are rated to 45# RFing and only post-09/09, it may come out that they have additional reinforcements.

Last edited:

mommaon112903

THANK YOU! :) I did not know the 80s were more re-inforced than the 65s..makes sense though ;) I knew that the shells and strap slots were the same, but did not realize that the 65s were not re-inforced. I can totally see why then that the XTs and maybe the 80s would be rated to 45lbs and not the 65s. Thank you again! :)

Actually, we don't usually say that the seats are identical. We say that they have identical shells and strap slots, but the 80s and XTs have a reinforced frame, and if only the XTs are rated to 45# RFing and only post-09/09, it may come out that they have additional reinforcements.

katieinqc

And maybe they'll just discontinue the 80s (and add more cover choices on the others?) since the only reason anyone ever says to get one is if they really want one of the 80 covers - and if anyone truly did need the higher weight limit, they can go with the XT. Just a thought.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC