2yrs old and outgrowing True Fit by height

mommaon112903

This is what I saw on another forum, Mom does say she has 2" of shell left, so who knows when this child will *really* outgrow the True Fit. I just thought it was shocking to see such a young child outgrowing such a tall seat RFing. I made sure the Mom knew that the height listed on the seat did not matter, but she still says that her daughter only has 2" to go before her ERF days are done. Her last check-up she weighed 26lbs and was 39" tall...now Josef has a long torso but at 40" he had TONS of shell left over his head.

She is asking about the Frontier (FN) or Graco Nautilus (GN) as she needs to do a 3-across, but honestly if her daughter is outgrowing the True Fit due to height, will either of these get her to proper booster age? And maybe I am not thinking clear, it is early in the morning :p and maybe one of these will get her to age five.

ADS

Amaris

She's probably not measuring right. Somewhere there is a thread on how to measure, but I'm almost willing to bet that she's measuring straight across her child's head and not at the proper angle.

mommaon112903

She was measuring the incorrect way :( Little lady has MUCH more room than she orginally thought :thumbsup:

I gave her this link and said she did not know this was the correct way to measure a seat while RF :eek:

*I did ask her for a photo, and that is when I gave her the correct way to measure. I too kept thinking "how on EARTH does this happen?! I even told her that if her 2yr old was outgrowing the TrueFit due to height, I honestly did not know if even the Regent would get her to proper booster age.*

Last edited:

susanx4

no way! my 2 year old has.. well look in my siggy! but she is 28 lbs and 36 inchs.... unless the kids has a HUMONGOUS torso i just don't see it!! actually my ds is 6 1/2, 45 lbs and 45 inches and he fits in the truefit!!!( not rf... but he has shell over his head!! i have a pic !! lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC