Double stroller + toddler jump seat for 3 kids?

Carter's Mommy

Is valco the only company that makes a toddler seat to attach to a double? I'm looking for a double jogger/all terrain for my two kids. I also baby sit part time and would love the option of turning it into a triple for walks to the park w/ 2 babies and 2 3 yr olds. I'm thinking the big kids can switch off walking so they don't get too tired. It's less than a mile one way, but hilly. I was leaning towards the MBUD or Bob revolution (not done researching any of the doubles yet though) and ran across this valco set up. Maybe I should save the $ and wear a baby so the big kids have a seat to rest in???

Any stroller suggestions in general would be appreciated. It'll mostly be used on sidewalks and dirt trails.

ADS

jerenaud

What about the big joovy? I don't have first hand experience with it, but I do have the joovy caboose ultralight and quite like it. It has the front seat for the baby (in or out of the carseat) then a rearfacing seat/ stand behind that. The big one has two regular seats and a sit/ stand. Mine is fine on gravel and better on grass than our old stroller was. http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_bigcaboose.php

Erica

swtgi1982

My advice is if you have a double stroller already, do not know what brand you have, but get one identical (maybe rummage sale, craiglslist) and use the stroller connectors when you have all four.
http://www.princelionheart.com/site/t_str_6550.html

I know when I had my neices and my nephew this is what we would do. (of course with 5 kids I was wearing the baby as well, or the oldest walked) we had two graco duogliders and they worked well with these. Not sure what I will do come spring when I will have all six kids (my newborn is coming in Nov) I my rummage for a third duoglider so I only have to transport one as that is all that will fit in the back of my van, and buy another set of these connectors. Six kids four and under! yes fun fun fun fun! at least one will be in preschool twice a week! (Thank God for drop off/ pick up lines and not having to go in with all the rest of the kids!):D

These are the kids I normally have from oldest to youngest: nephew 4yrs, DD 3.5 yrs, Niece1 2.5yrs, DS1 2yrs, Niece2 8 months, and DS2 due in late Nov

So yea! Car seat wise that means I have three ERfing and two RF and one FF fun to fit in a minivan but can do!

Carter's Mommy

Thanks for the advice. I have a joovy ultralight, but now that we're moving I want an AT or jogger to better handle the hills and trails. Plus we'll be doing a TON more walking outside and I want something that reclines for the baby and anyone needing to nap. DD is almost 4 months and won't be using a carseat & adapter, so I need the additional recline. I'm looking at SBS all terrains at the moment and hoping to find a good deal on something used. I found a good deal on the valco w/ jumpseat on CL but it was already sold. Now I guess I'm just getting greedy as I love the option of putting the 3rd seat on when I'm babysitting and walking to the park/library instead of installing extra car seats and buckling everyone in.

Carter's Mommy

Jennifer, I just checked it out and am sooo jealous:whistle:
Does anyone know if baby jogger makes a toddler seat that goes on the double, or only one to turn the single into a double?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC