need help on a new booster seat

catxu

My DD just our grow her MA, she is 5, 45'' tall and 40 LB. She has a britax Regent on my minivan, but we need another car seat for DH's car. She keep asking for a booter seat since most of her friend are in booster seat, but I still want to keep her in a 5 point harness seat. She will be ride in my minivan most of the time. any suggestion?

I have looked britax Frontier, parkway SG, Monterey Booster?

Thanks,
Jing

ADS

Maedze

Welcome to C-S.org :)

With regards to a booster, versus a 5 point, you have expressed a wish to keep her in a five point harness, yet you listed belt positioning boosters as seats you were interested in.

A child of your daughter's age and weight is completely safe in a dedicated high back booster.

If you want to keep her in a harness, the Graco Nautilus or the Britax Frontier will fit her nicely.

If you'd like to get her a booster for part time use, the Britax Parkway SlideGuard, the Graco Turbobooster, the Sunshine Kids Monterey, and the Recaro Vivo are all excellent boosters that should fit your child well.

catxu

we have Britax Regent in my MiniVan, that's the seat she rides on most time.
looking for another seat to put in Hubby's car, which just for some daycare pick up.

mommaon112903

It sounds like the situation where you will need another seat is a perfect place for "booster training", especially if your daughter has never been in a booster. This will allow your daughter to "practice" her booster riding skills-no slouching, moving shoulders so that the shoulder belt is off the shoulder, sitting like a princess, so when you are ready for her to go full time in a booster, she should be able to do so without problems.

Your daughter has approx the same stats as my son, and you can see him in the SK Monterey in my siggy pic :) We :love: our Monterey and it fits Josef very well. For other children his size, it may not be *as* good a fit due to it being broader, Josef has broader shoulders so it is a good fit for him :thumbsup:

The Turbo is a great, in-expensive booster and comes in some really cute girly prints. ;)

The new Parkway SG essentially creates a 4-point harness which makes it very un-likely that the child will submarine in the event of an accident. No girly covers here though :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC