BJ mini vs. classic

4boysmom

so what are the differences? There is a light blue (not xactly my cup o'tea :cool:) on CL for $350. I have been eying the mini but haven't seen it for resale... if I get it I will likely NOT be needing to take it in a vehicle often and we have 3 steps to get into our house so I am not sure how much weight needs to factor in. is it like 10-20 more pounds than the mini? And if so how/why? Bigger wheels in the classic yes? what else? I am wanting it for commuting (walking .7 miles each way to/from school for my oldest possibly oldest 2 or oldest 3, we are still figuring out if we can hack one in PS and some at home, I am starting to lean to no so it would actually be easier since the kids would only be walking to and from not to from to from daily) with my kiddos ages to be newborn in Dec, 3,5, 6 and 8 though not so much to carry the older two that is just the whole brood... but my intention *is* to use it for bigger kids perhaps over reccomended weight limit (though my 5 yo is just at 40 pounds so we are good for now for him to ride) who ultimately have no choice but to walk/ride/skip etc. to school day in and day out regardless of weather because I don't drive and at least one kiddo will be in public school.

ADS

lovinwaves

Your post was a little hard to follow, but I am going to try to answer your questions as best as I can :eek:

First, can you please link me to the stroller you see on your Craigslist for $350? That price seems high.

So is your main use for this stroller going to be walking with it outside to and from school, and you won't be putting it your vehicle much?

If so, then I think an air tire stroller will be perfect for that! The Classic has air tires, and the Mini has plastic. Yes, the weight difference in the strollers is mainly because of that fact.

If you plan on putting kids close to the weight limit of the stroller or over, then an air tire stroller is probably the better route. Plus, it will be easier for you to push.

An air tire, aka: All-terrain stroller, will be easiest to push outside on sidewalks, grass, or other terrain surfaces.

While the Mini would certainly work for what you are wanting, I would probably recommend the Classic over it.

4boysmom

APT: I checked that link but it is talking about singles so I had a hard time converting (since I would be getting a double) plus just wanted btdt opinions since I know lots of people have these two. eta: never mind I see it has single and double dimensions. Apparently I wasn't understanding what (d) and (s) meant int he dimensions :whistle:

lovinwaves:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bab/1353448498.html I agree it seems over priced....
yes primary use is walking to and from school with 30 plus pounders on primarily sidewalk/streets. I didn't realize the minis wheels were plastic. I certainly I am much much more interested in air tires!

lovinwaves

I think the Classic would be perfect for you then. :)

Keep in mind that they changed the stroller style slightly at the end of 2007 and then again at the beginning of 2008. If you ask her the DOM you might be able to call Baby Jogger and ask if that stroller was one of the newer styles at the end of 2007.

The other other major change from the 2007-2008.1 is that they changed the handlebar grippy. Not big deal at all. So if it is a later model 2007, and it's in great condition then $350 might not be bad. I would offer her lower though of course :)

APT

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Classic-Double-Stroller/dp/B000WG5LSS]Amazon new Calssic Double for $399[/ame].

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC