Folks on the cpslistserve are saying that Russ said at KIM that they are testing the XT to 45 lbs....

emandbri

the details are a bit fuzzy. They only said the XT so not sure about the others. They did say that they didn't think it would be retroactive.

So it appears that splash is right and I will be buying a new seat. :eek: This will be good I an put the new seat in my van and the radian 80 in Brian's car until Elizabeth is 40 lbs.

ADS

jrmo

I wonder what structural changes they would make in addition to the ones they just made that would make it NOT retroactive? I don't think I can talk DH into another seat if it truly isn't..... :-( But still, kudos to SKJP for leading the pack, if this comes through!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Given the speed at which Sunshine Kids certified the Radian to 40 lbs (from the time it was first mentioned until it was actually done), your kid might well be over 45 lbs by that point.

Also, there might not be any structural changes. They just might not to make it retroactive to avoid confusion, for example. (Uh, not that they haven't created confusion by making the 40-lbs somewhat retroactive.)

emandbri

Given the speed at which Sunshine Kids certified the Radian to 40 lbs (from the time it was first mentioned until it was actually done), your kid might well be over 45 lbs by that point.

Very true. What I need is for another maker to come out with a seat that goes to 45 lbs so sunshine kids will certify it faster. ;)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Not holding my breath, seeing as it was one person who says they heard it from Russ. And I agree, not only may your kid be over 45 pounds, but THEIR kids may be over 45 pounds before it happens. SKJP had been saying for years they were testing a 40 pound seat. Russ said yes, the engineers said no. Then it did happen when competition was in the way. So maybe they're working on a 45 pound seat. Maybe not. Maybe if they are it'll be six months. It may be a year, two years, four years, or never. I wouldn't hold out for it, I wouldn't hope for it at this point. Just file it away under Russ' rumors and leave it at that.

Wendy

jujumum

That would be great if they tested to 45lbs, but it would be useless for me and many other people unless they get rid of the curve in the boot so that we can get a proper install in our vehicles. Or, perhaps they could offer different boots for different bights. Their new curved boot + my high bight = :(.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
well....*if* they test it as quickly as they did *once the myride was on the scene*, then it's possible i will get to re-rearface dd for a day or two, lol. Course, she has been holding steady at 40-41 for SOOO long, I wouldn't be surprised if she suddenly jumped to 45, lol!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't count on it, since Russ is supposedly saying that they are coming out with a new LATCH system that allows you to use LATCh longer...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wouldn't count on it, since Russ is supposedly saying that they are coming out with a new LATCH system that allows you to use LATCh longer...

Which does nothing if the car doesn't allow you to use LATCH longer anyway.

As usual, strange things from Russ.

Wendy

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

And this addresses the fact that the CAR manufacturers prohibit latch above a certain limit...how, exactly? LOL. Crazy Russ.

cowgirlsmommy

Maybe Russ should just create his own car seat company! I think if he was in charge of everything he could create some wicked awesome car seats. If they do increase the limit soon, I'm going to give him a hug. It would make since. Now that there's 2 other 40 lb seats on the market, 45 lbs would give them something special.

emandbri

Russ had said in earlier e-mails that they would be testing the "fall" so I'm going to be optimistic and assume it will be out soon.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Judi says it's a done deal, have you guys seen her thread? Russ...eh....not trustworthy...Judi? golden.
Sept 09+ radian XT's rf to 45 lbs.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Russ told me that they will have an official announcement with all the details next week.

emandbri

There are also supposed to be new covers as well. I'm hoping for an XT that matches a monterey. What I really want is a tan monterey but I already know that isn't going to happen.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC