Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Who went to KIM??

Someone here must have gone. Please come share the info on the new EERF seat!

my friend didnt call last night, and i think she's working all day today.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Re: Who went to KIM??

It's not a new seat.

Apparently Russ from Sunshine Kids said that they're testing the Radian (only XT, maybe?) to 45 lbs. RF, and it will not be retroactive (if it passes).

I have to say, this doesn't excite me much at all. I was hoping it would be a new seat.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Senior Community Member

My ds is 4.5, and I won't buy another seat to RF him in, even if one came out with a 50 pound limit, however, if his XT is going to be certified to 45 pounds, I'll gladly use it for him until he outgrows it RFing, then move him to a booster.
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

Carseat Crankypants carseatcoach's Avatar

Um, considering the source, word choice may be crucial here -- "are testing" or "will be testing"?
    CPST and Mama to a 13yo girl, 5-stepped at age 10 and 5'

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart

Unregistered

When will the testing be complete? When can the newly tested xt's be purchased? I'm in the market for a convertible and am looking in the Radian family. A 45lb RF seat would be a big bonus.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When will the testing be complete? When can the newly tested xt's be purchased? I'm in the market for a convertible and am looking in the Radian family. A 45lb RF seat would be a big bonus.
    This is Russ we're talking about here. IF they're testing right now it may be six months. But Russ had been saying for YEARS that there would be a 40 pound Radian. Then saying they weren't testing it. Then saying it was coming. Then saying they were working on it. Russ needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

So my guess would be, maybe possibly within four years? Maybe less, maybe more, maybe never. Don't get your hopes up and don't put off buying something else for this hypothetical XT. It may never happen.

Even if it wasn't Russ seats change between rumor and the shelf.

I'm not excited or overwhelmed by this news. It's barely more than rumor. When I see an official announcement from Sunshine Kids that they're coming out with it, or as will be more likely from them that it's come out and they'll send the stickers next month for it, then I'll get excited. Until then I'm not holding my breath, or holding out hope.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Bummer. I was hoping it was something new.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

I'm still fairly excited and hopeful. But then again..I have time, lol. Granted, I probably have mayeb 6 months max for it to be any use to dd, but ds's current convettibles will last for quite some time......probably another 2 years.......so I can be patient......lol.....

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Annabelle Jan 2017