If you had to replace your seats what would you get?..

emandbri

It has been a while since we have done this, it is cool to see how it changes. :D

My van
Elizabeth is in a radian and I would get another radian.
Benjamin is in a radian and I would get him another radian, nautilus, or maybe a montrey.
Daniel is in a backless monterey and I would get another monterey. Sure I'm not using the back but Benjamin would down the line.

Brian's car
Elizabeth is in a MA and I would get a radian and put her rear-facing
If Benjamin is in the car he is in a parkway and I would get monterey (unless I could get insurance to pay for a radian).
Daniel fits without a booster so I would have no booster to replace for him.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I like the seats I have.

I'd replace the Monterey with another Monterey.

If insurance or I was paying, I'd replace the Turbo with another Turbo (possibly a Vivo); if the carseat fairy was paying, I'd replace the Turbo with another Monterey.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
My car
DD is in a Frontier, and I'd get another Frontier.
DS is in a Marathon, and I'd get a Radian XT.

DH's car
DD is in a True Fit, and I'd get a Frontier (I think; I do love the True Fit as a forward-facing seat, but I like the longevity aspect of the Frontier).
DS is in a Boulevard, and I honestly don't know what I'd get as a replacement!

I'd want a 40 pound rear-facing seat, but my son is tall, so he wouldn't make it to 40 pounds in a My Ride. My husband needs the front passenger seat to be able to accommodate business associates for various events, and I don't think the Radian would fit behind the passenger seat the way he has to leave it for potential passengers. After playing with the Complete Air, I find it Completely Great in Theory but Completely Unimpressive in Execution.

ks1978

I would replace the Radian with a Radian in my car
I would replace the Marathon with a TFP or another Radian in DH's car
I would replace the Turbobooster in DH's car with a Parkway SG
I would replace one of the Montereys with a Monterey
I would replace the other Monterey with an Olli

I havent seen the CA yet, but that might be an option also. :)

featherhead

Selah rides rf in a Radian65
Keziah rides rf in an EFTA
The Keyfit gets used once in a while in other people's vehicles.

I would get a Malibu XT for both of them, with two EFTAs as spare seats.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ds is in a GN in my car, I'd get another GN.

He's in an Apex in dh's car, I'd get a GN if I had to replace it.

NannyMom

My van-
Sofi would get a MR to replace her Titan
A would get another Vivo or a Monterey
J would get a Regent or a Monterey (I'd let him ride in his Vivo for another booster test first) to replace his GN
BabyS would get a Radian XT (it installs well for her outboard) or a MR to replace her SS1

DH's truck-
Sofi would get another EFTA. DH needs the knobs.

Grandma would get another MA
Grandpa would get a MA or another BV or a MR if I could get it to install well.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In my car:
Leah's in a Radian...I'd probably get another.
Bitsy's in a PW, I'd get her a PW SG.
Kar's in the Frontier, I'd get another one
(would I love matching seats? Even slightly similar colors? Yeah, if possible...)

In DH's car:
Leah's in a True Fit Premier... Probably another Radian
Bitsy's in nothing if I don't raise heck about it, dh is BAD! Probably the Clek.
Kar's in nothing, fits great, curtain airbags, phew. :)

AtTheSouthDam

What is in the car at this excact moment is the Radian and the monterey and they would be replaced with the same.
If it were the TB or the TF I am not sure. I think DD2 may hit the mother of all growth spurts. SHe 29.2# at her 3 y check up, 30# at the GI appt. and 31# 12oz :eek: at Urgent care Saturday. They were all different scales so there may be some difference, if not then she's going to need that 40# RF!! And I just do't know what inexpensive booster I would get for the DD1 that she would like...

Laurette

DS is in a Nauti and I would probably go for the Frontier since it has a little more growing room and has more padding and makes a better booster DTL.

DD is in a Uptown and I want to replace that with the MR, or maybe a Truefit (but I hate the colors) or a Megan BLVD.

I really want a 40# Rfing seat but I am not thrilled with the MR, I wish the seat wasnt so wide. The radian wont work in our vehicle for RFing. 35# would most likely get DD to 3 years since she is a tad smaller than DS and he was 35# at 3 years old and just about 40# at almost 4 years...

We will be replacing DD's seat soon so I need to make up my mind, huh?!

solmama

I would like to replace my, now broken, Jane Indy Plus with a Clek Oobr. I absolutely love rigid latch. My favorite feature, I think.

Lea_Ontario

Van :

Nautilus -> either another Nautilus or a Monterey or the new Parkway.

Radian -> Nautilus

True Fit -> Complete Air

Car :

Parkway -> new Parkway

Radian -> new Radian or new Parkway

Intera -> new Radian

Pixels

In DH's car the Radian XT would be replaced with another Radian XT.

The ComfortSport would be replaced with a TrueFit, Marathon, or EFTA. The car it's currently in has non-locking belts so the lockoffs of the TF or MA would be nice. That's also why I said MA instead of RA50.

In my car, I honestly don't know what I'd replace the Radian65 with. I've been trying for months to figure out a three across, all rear facing. I haven't found anything yet that works with the Radian. So if I can figure out a three-across, then it would be whatever works. If not, probably another RadianXT.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ds is in an older 40-lb AOE, I'd probably get a new 50 lb AOE to replace it.
DD is in a nauti, I'd likely get another nauti to replace it.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I would replace what is in my car with the same thing, Start for DS, Frontier for DD.

I have two Cosco Ambassadors in DH's car at the moment since that is my only option for getting two boosters and a 5'7" 13 yo in a row. Usually I have an Evenflo Confidence HB, move Start, and put 13yo in the front, but I haven't taken the kids in it since I last had to put all three in the back. If I had re outfit that car tomorrow I don't know what I would get. I'm in a holding pattern waiting for the Oobr so I can figure out that car.

At the rate things are going, DS will 5 step before the Oobr gets out and I'll just put the Start in there for DD.

Calideedle

My Van:

DS1 is in a Regent - - I would get another Regent or a Monterey.
DD is in a Radain XT - - I would get another Radian XT (made after 9/09 :whistle:)
DS2 is in a Coccoro - - I would get another Coccoro

Grandpas Truck:

DS1 is in a Regent - - Either another Regent or a Monterey
DD is in a Marathon - - I would get a Nautilus or Frontier
DS2 would be in a SS1 if he ever left me - - I would get a Coccoro

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC