For Sale: Recaro YS

adamsmommy

Its an 2004 EXt cab Chevy Silverado. The Marathon was installed very tight and was prefect, just touched the glass too much and dh did not like it. Our Roundabout fit fine since it is much shorter. Is the Wizard the same as a Marathon? Dh would LOVE the Recaro. He is a huge car guy!!

ADS

Michi

I thought it was interesting that the LATCH connectors say SafeGuard !!! (???)
Are Recaro and SafeGuard related?

skipspin

Yes, the WZ is the same seat shell as the MA. If you want me to measure the height or take photos of them together I can do that. I have to take the YS out of our vehicle soon anyway, and my WZ is already in the house.

Wait, just a sec, I have a pic of them next to each other in our Jeep. It looks like the WZ is a good 5ish" taller than the YS on the 2nd position (there are three positions.) I can post the photo tomorrow after I put it on photobucket. I also have a photo of each of them from the back, so I can post those too for an accurate comparison.

adamsmommy

Hmmm...did your WZ touch the back glass much? Maybe we should play with it some more before spending another $200 or more and a seat.

skipspin

Hmmm, when we had it installed outboard it hit the headrest, not the window glass IIRC. That's why the install was so upright. It was a great install, just way more upright than most. I wouldn't be great for a younger child, athough I fiddled with the position of the base some and got it not so upright.

We only had the WZ in the center once or twice and I think it might have thouched the glass. It was actually the primary seat in our other two vehicles and I had a different seat installed in the tuck except for vacations when I wanted the WZ because it was more comfy. My sister was also with us, so that's why it was outboard.

We did have the Radian in the center in the truck and it fit GREAT! DD wasn't so high up and had a lot more leg room. That's what we used for our vacation this year and it worked out great.

I never tried the YS in the truck because DH traded it in on a crew cab just before I got the YS.

Our normal seat in the truck was an Evenflo Chase. While it's not the quality of Britax, Radian, or Recaro it does install well outboard OR with LATCH and fits DD well. It doesn't touch the glass at all.

ETA: I see you have a Radian. Could you switch the seats in your two vehicles?

adamsmommy

We bought the Radian for the truck but I and ds fell in love with the seat so we stole it for the Touareg. It did fit very well in the truck, I just wanted it.:p The Touareg is the car ds is in the most. Size wise, is the Recaro about the same as the Radian? If it is, it should fit pretty good.

southpawboston

i never realized this when installing mine, but the LATCH connector says "SafeGuard". recaro uses safeguard's LATCH connector? i know that the US recaro YS is built in the US... is it manufactured by safeguard???

scatterbunny

SafeGuard is made by IMMI, a company that manufactures most of the harnesses that most US seats have. So the carseat companies make the shells and buy the harnesses from IMMI. I imagine they buy the LATCH straps from them, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC