For Sale: Recaro YS

Lilsid

I have a Recaro Young Sport in Midnight Desert colors for Sale. We bought 3 but we only need 2. By the time we realized this it was too late to ship it back unless something was wrong with the seat.

I bought this for my MIL’s car but she hates her 06’ Accord and has gotten another vehicle with built in child seats. It is a used Mini Van. I don’t like the built in seats very much they have almost no side protection. But DD will be in the middle most seat and away from the door. So to make a long story short MIL said no car seat installed since she can just flip the pad up and than she had her normal car seat back again. I have fought this one long enough I give up.

So with that said the Recaro is up for sale. It has been used 2 times in at the dealership for test-drives but that is all. So it’s almost brand new. And it’s sitting in the original shipping box in my den. I have all the original paperwork in the box also.

It was made 11/27/06 and I am asking $200 + Shipping to you. I am in Phoenix AZ and if you live near here you are welcome to pick it up. Thanks

12.jpg

12-1.jpg

ADS

Splash

fwiw, make sure your MIL knows that if her van has EVER had any kind of crash she can't use the built-in seat.

Why is that? That makes no sense. I can see if the seat was occupied at the time, but it makes absolutely no sense that just because the van was in a wreck, that seat is now toast. You don't have to replace unused seatbelts after a wreck, why would you have to replace (or kill) the harness seat?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Why is that? That makes no sense. I can see if the seat was occupied at the time, but it makes absolutely no sense that just because the van was in a wreck, that seat is now toast. You don't have to replace unused seatbelts after a wreck, why would you have to replace (or kill) the harness seat?

Yeah, but the chances of knowing if that seat was occupied at the time of crash are probably pretty slim. A lot of times you can know if the van itself has been in a crash though. I think it's a better safe, than sorry thing.

mominabigtruck

That is a really nice seat, I've never seen one up close like that before. I'll have to keep that in mind for some friends of mine that are ttc, he's really into cars and racing and would probably shell out the money for a seat like this. He about had a heart attack when I said how much I paid for my blvd.

scatterbunny

mominabigtruck--just remember that the Young Sport is a FF-only seat, so your friends will still need a convertible to use before they can use the YS.

mominabigtruck

I will probably end up buying them a ss1. I really like mine and otherwise they would end up with the $40 snugride with absolutely no padding that they sell at walmart. I think they need to go the extra mile with seats just because it seems like every other week she's hitting something or someone in her car and her car is in the shop and the safeseat would be great with the built in lockoffs because it is super easy to use. Then they could get the recaro sport after the ss1.

Maggie

Oh very nice!! :D My SO says no more seats for my collection though LOL

mominabigtruck : Even though the SS1 is rated to 30lbs, it may not get the child to the minimum of 1yr. Not to mention that it would probably be best to suggest a convertible to them so they can keep their baby RF longer, especially since you said she is constantly getting into accidents!

Splash

Charlie is around 95% for weight and not on the charts for height. He is 17 months old and he STILL fits in the SS1. However he has outgrown by height both the ComfortSport AND all Evenflo convertibles RF. I would say unless you are buying a Britax or Cosco convertible (or a Radian) the SS1 will last longer RF than anything else.
Oh, he's also outgrown the roundabout rear facing. So, the SS1 lasts a LONG time.

mominabigtruck

My 13 month old who is 24lbs and 32 inches still fits in my ss1 great. I got it as an extra just to use for my dh's truck to rf but I've been using it in my car instead of the blvd just because its really easy to install and with it being cold I can just throw a blanket over him. And who knows about my friends, I will end up buying them the ss1 for the baby shower and I've been known to buy seats for 1st b-day presents so hopefully they will be ok. I didn't realize the recaro only went to 40lbs:( . That's pretty crappy for a seat that expensive, I'd be better off just buying a marathon then.

hapaness

Hey there, I've seen your post on CL a few times (I'm in Gilbert) and it looks like a gorgeous seat. I wish I had the money to buy it but my budget limits me to less than $150. :-(
Good luck with the sale.
If I were you and my MIL refused to use a car seat (instead of the built in seats) I would not allow her to transport my kids in her vehicle...you dont really know the history of the car or how the previous owners treated it.

adamsmommy

I actually maybe interested in it for another seat for grandma's car or since the Marathon doesn't fit in dh's truck and I stole the Radian for my car, maybe we will put it in his. What are the specs on the seat? Height , weight, I know it only harnesses to 40lbs. Will that seat fit in the back of a Truck? Is it a huge seat? The problem with the Marathon in dh's stuck is with the incline of the seat, it rubs the back window too much and we just don't feel safe with it right now. Let me know what you can. Thanks.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I sooooo wish I could afford it -- Leila's even with the top slot on the Apex & I'd feel so much better with her in that as a booster than the Apex in my parents' Highlander (even though they do have side curtain airbags + center shoulder belt) :rolleyes:

skipspin

What kind of truck?

The YS sits a little lower than a MA because it's not up on a tall base, but it's not a small seat by any means. Our WZ installed really upright in DH's ext cab Silverado, but it was a good install. I think the YS would install a little less upright because of the shape, and it does have a recline feature that could help some alhtough it's not a lot.

Also, because it doesn't sit on a base or as far away from the back of the seat, my DD has more leg room in the YS that she had in the WZ. She has a little more leg room in the Radian, probably, but it's close.

Someday I'm going to take some comparison pics of all the seats. Someday...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes, Leila had more leg room in the RYSport than the Boulevard & you're absolutely right about how high the child sits -- but I can't remember how the height of the seat itself compares :confused: I think my RYSport measured 27" at it's widest (the hip/torso wings)....

Lilsid

I am taking the Recaro out of the box again and I will photograph the seat and the heights for everyone to see. Sorry I have been very morning sick with this new baby. So at least I get a chance to do something a little fun, Pictures to come soon.

Lilsid

I hope this works I downloaded them to my Yahoo file since I took so many. I then titled them what they are of.

I took the pictures and mesurments with and with out the bottom extra removable comfort pad. I hope this helps.

Let me know if I missed something I am happy to re take some for you.

Oh I think the best way to view them so Yahoo can think with out acting up is to view a slideshow.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cllistingaz/album/576460762382155206

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC