I traded 1 good used seat..

hboo22

for 7 expired ones!! There is a little girl in Laila's preschool that rides in a car seat on the bus (she has developmental issues and has no one to bring her to school). The secretary (also my sister's MIL) Rita knows I am a car seat nut, and told me the seat that they have her in is expired (among other issues it had) and that all of them at the extra seats at the bus barn probably are too. Sooo.... Rita and I worked out that I took them my good used Cosco highback harnessed seat (they are even gonna pay me a little bit for it, they're gonna take up a collection) and they gave me all the old ones to destroy :) yay!! My husband is gonna be ticked when he pulls in and sees all these in the yard....
133255.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

TerisBoys

Oh my!

The Evenflo overhead shield (Scout/Trooper) has the same fabric as my old Joyride infant seat did. It was purchased for JOSH in 1996.

Melanie

Those are some nasty looking seats. You'd think the school district would keep more up to date for the liability aspect at least.

That front center seat looks alot like the seat my oldest used...in 1995!

Jonah Baby

I would send the bus company some info on seats...maybe there is some local organization that can help them purchase new seats?

Kisses to you for doing this!

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! Those are some old & NASTY looking seats! Great job for getting them out of circulation. I can only imagine the look on my DH's face if he came home & seen that many seats sitting around. He would not be mad if I didn't pay for them, he would just shake his head & laugh more than likely.

hboo22

hmm, good idea, but the nearest BRU is about 100 miles or more. I wonder if you can only trade in one seat at a time??

Northriver

Great job getting those seats off the bus!

OT: Is anyone else worried about BRU properly disposing of used seats?

We've already traded in a not quite expired Graco booster for 20% off a new Boulevard and also an expired MA that I totally stripped and wrote EXPIRED all over it for 20% off a My Ride. On one hand, WOOHOO! On the other hand, I'm still worried that those seats will somehow get out again, that maybe they just toss them in the dumpster and someone will be out there dumpster diving at night, kwim?

disbugsmomma

I'm going to trade in one of my garage sale finds that has been sitting in my backyard since June. :whistle:

I also wonder if they are recycling them or just pitching? I do think most large stores like that have compactors, so I wouldn't be too worried about dumpster divers. I wish I could see seats get compacted though, that would be cool. :D

If you have ToysRUs closer, they are taking them too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC