Question Top slot height diff IRL--Radian vs Frontier

jb5416

I know what the specs are on each seat, but I am aware of the fact that those sometimes don't mean much (e.g., my DS1 outgrew the MA at age 5, moved into a Radian, and got two full years out of it even though they supposedly have similar top slots.). How much more grow room would I get out of a Frontier vs a FF Radian? If it matters, the seat would be in the second row outboard in a 2005 Sienna 8 pass.
Thanks!
Jessie

ADS

mommaon112903

The top slot on the MA is approx 16.5" and for the SKRs (Sunshine Kids Radians) it is approx 17.5" (someone correct me if I am wrong :))

The SKRs and Britax Frontier have similar top harness slots, and it just really depends on the child and the vechicle(s) the seat is being installed in how they will fit.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
MA and RN are both 17 according to most of us with a tape measure, but the MA kind of squishes kids upward so they get too tall for it earlier, and it's way reclined so that makes it get outgrown sooner, too. My leggy kiddo fit in the MA till 6, RN till 7, and Frontier till 8. But, in contrast, Morganthe's dd seems to have outgrown the RN and FR at the same time! (6) Probably due to her car's seat shape or headrest interference, is the best guess to explain that. The top harness on the FR is only 18. This thread has loads of comparison pics, it might help... http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=55415

arly1983

The SKRs and Britax Frontier have similar top harness slots, and it just really depends on the child and the vechicle(s) the seat is being installed in how they will fit.

I agree. In my van, I get very similar amounts of growing room left for J. But that varies greatly in other other cars/suvs I have had both in.

I wish I could just run out like I used to and take pics but that just doesn't happen anymore. :rolleyes:

emandbri

I happen to have pictures of my son sitting in both in my 2004 8 passenger sienna and he had MORE room in the radian! The radian is in the middle and the frontier outboard.

radian
DSC02252.JPG

frontier
DSC02274.JPG

jb5416

Wow--thanks. Does not look like a huge difference to me.

I so appreciate all of your responses!
Jessie:)

jb5416

So how does that work with an XT? I'm assuming the headwings would prohibit going over the top slots????
Jessie

Pixels

It probably would be quite uncomfortable for a child to be much over the top slots in the XT, yes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC