NOT impressed with the Harmony.

Michi

So in one last attempt to find a wider booster for DD we bought the 'cheaper' Harmony booster from Walmart .com.
This one
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10992662

It was awful. :(
I wish I would have taken photos, but I was so disappointed/unimpressed I just completely forgot to.
I returned it the next day, (still wrapped in shrinkwrap)

It was made of very thin/cheap plastic (it sounded hollow) almost like a milk jug.
And it was narrow! I would say a couple inches narrower than a Turbo at the back. DD can still fit into a Turbo (width-wise) but she couldn't squeeze into the Harmony.

So, DD is now in an adult belt. She is old enough and her weight and height are perfectly acceptable. I just wish our belts weren't so forward of the bight (which causes them to ride up on her belly a bit,) so I'll just keep reminding her to push them down lower and sit up properly.

Just wanted to let anyone thinking of purchasing this version of the Harmony to think twice.

ADS

Maedze

I'm pretty confident that this is not the same booster at TRU. The one at TRU is substantially wider than a TB.

They are hollow. Blown plastic like the Regent or the Frontier. For the price, I'm not complaining.

Michi

I'm pretty confident that this is not the same booster at TRU. The one at TRU is substantially wider than a TB.

They are hollow. Blown plastic like the Regent or the Frontier. For the price, I'm not complaining.

Yes the one at TRU looks much nicer. OUr's doesn't carry it, so I can't personally compare.

I'm not worried about the fact that they are hollow, just how thin the plastic seems. For younger children I wouldn't be so worried, but for those pushing the upper weight limits (like my DD was) I honestly think I'd be a bit paranoid.

Is it better than nothing. For most kids...Yes.
I think as long as it positions the belts and fits the child correctly it would still be an acceptable, inexpensive option for some families - but personally I'd rather spend another 10-15 dollars and get a Turbo.
(Or at least the better TRU version of the Harmony)

christineka

Do you have any idea how it compares with the evenflo big kid amp or the cosco ambassador? Both seem flimsy to me.

That's a bummer about the harmony seat. I planned to buy it when my dd finally outgrows the turbo. I guess I'll just have to spend more money on a better seat.

I'm really curious about the quality of the harmony high back boosters.

Michi

I would put it on par with the Cosco, but perhaps a tad lower than the Evenflo as far as 'flimsiness' goes.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Interesting, thanks for the review. Sounds like a slightly flimsier version of the www.prorider.com booster, which was tiny, but at least as sturdy as a good old Evenflo Right Fit. I have a friend with smaller kids who likes hers for 'go with friends' seats. Definitely wouldn't have considered it for a 'basically fits the belt' kid, but at least it didn't cost you much to test out.:thumbsup:

outnumberedby6

yep thanks for that. the big kid booster was a joke , will couldnt even get his butt in it all the way lolol and hes not that large lol

wish i would have bought a monarch when i had the chance.

anyone know how wide the nautilus in booster mode is? how tall t he armrests are? deep? etc?

its either that or the frontier.
gulp. lol

monterey fits now.........but wont too much longer.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I have the one from TRU and it's very wide. IMO, it would work great for bigger kids.. Not so much for the littler crowd. My 40 lb. 7 year old doesn't fit in it very well.

Michi

The Combi Dakota is very nice. It fits my 9 1/2 yr old son very well ( but it is only a backless.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC