Got the My Ride!

Shaunam

I ended up getting DD a MR. And I just loved the one from babies'r'us so I overpaid. And didn't have a coupon. :rolleyes: But she grinned like crazy when she saw it so it's all good. :love:

I figured I'd leave in the insert and just move it up, even though it's not supposed to work that way. She needs the support badly. But I'm not quite sure I like how it fits. It's ok, I guess. I'm afraid it's going to slip down and make the slots not line up. She's halfway between the forth and fifth slot. Yikes! Big kiddo. Of course she sitting on the padding too. If I took it out she'd probably be at the fourth slot or just below it.

I did compare the SS2 padding to the MR padding and I definitely think it would be a safe option for her (definitely safer than the MR insert). The slots line up wonderfully. So if anyone has any they are not using, I'd gladly pay a little for it (or does anyone know if you can buy JUST a SS2 insert from graco?)

I haven't installed it yet, but I don't think it will be a problem. My car is pretty easy. Only bad with the radian so far.

Pics!

0831091222c.jpg

0831091222b.jpg

Believe me, it was HARD passing up on the SS2 because she fits SO well in it, but in the end, I just couldn't do it. I can't tell people to RF to 35 lbs if I turn my 20 lb kid around. I know she's a special case but it just seems wrong to me.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Boy, does she look comfy! Plenty of room (i.e. not squished) but it looks like she also has plenty of support. I hope you like it as much as DD and I have liked it - she finds it extremely comfortable, and I find it extremely easy to install. :) And I love that cover - DD and I saw that at BRU yesterday and wished we had it instead of the boring black/gray one we have.

Shaunam

will they let you use a coupon after the fact? i have one you can have if they will. pm me:)

Probably not and it's a decent drive and it wouldn't really be worth it. MR/DD is going to be reimbursing us for the seat in december, so it's not a huge deal. Thanks though! :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, they definitely would. If you go within about 10 days with a coupon, they just return it (you only need the receipt) and rebuy it with the coupon. But if it's a drive, yeah, it's not really worth it.

I'm glad it works out so well AND you can feel good about using it :)

Shaunam

Ok, so I tried her in it without the insert and she's not slumping. :confused: She's not wedged in there or anything but it looks like it's cradling her a bit. Or maybe she's just having a good day...who knows. I'm REALLY liking how she fits. But she could be back to curvy-Charlie tomorrow. Or not. I think I'm still going to be on the hunt for a SS2 insert just in case.

Without the insert:

0831091501a.jpg

You can't even tell she has scoliosis in this pic! Holy cow!

ETA: She's dead even with the 4th slot without the insert under her butt.

hsjwmom

I love how that seat fits her! (she is gorgeous :love:) WHY is this seat tempting me?! I'm set on a TFP, right?! lol

It's the girly cover. I am so shallow. :eek:

Shaunam

It installed quickly and easily in my car with a locking clip. I had to turn the buckle once. I think it took me about 3 minutes. Perfect recline for most kids right off the bat. I'll probably add a rolled towel later to get a little more recline for her (a pool noodle might make it TOO reclined).

0831091533a.jpg

Radian fit next to it pretty well. The middle is really the only place I get a good install with the radian, so that's good.

0831091536a.jpg

I think I may even be able to fit the safe seat baseless next to the radian. And my car is tiny!

(please ignore my messy car....lots of papers and kid's artwork, plus I let DS paint my windows LOL)

Mommy2Marcus

She is so beautiful :love: And WOW that seat fits her fabulously!

This totally! I agree 100%! I hope that you & Charlie :love: the MR as much as Marcus & I do!

ETA: I SO love the pattern for the girly MR at BRU to. It is SO pretty. I also love how easily it install with the proper recline for most every kid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC