One adult traveling with three kids and seats

oxeye

with a car seat they won't let you put it in the overhead if you don't use it they will put it with the rest of the luggage

I don't see why they wouldn't allow a Radian in the overhead bin when it folds up so compactly. :confused: I am not bringing any carry-ons other than 1 backpack each for me, DD1, and DD2.

ADS

bp2002

Ive seen people but boosters in the overhead bin, so id think they would let you put a radian.. especially since if they even realize its a car seat, they probably will think you are going to install it. When you whip up into the bin, and you can barely tell its a car seat, i doubt much will be said. Especially if its in the back bc they always announce "Overhead bin room in the back is full, please use any overhead bin you pass that has room"

I think you will be fine finding the 4 seats, even if you board after the A group. When they redid their tickets and such and made the "business class", it took away the first.. 15-30 A boarding numbers (you line up via A, B, or C and by the number (1-60) now..) Generally the business class isnt sold out, so even tho you have A45 there were only 5 people in A 1-30.. I doubt too many people will pay extra for the early boarding.

Im not sure how I feel about the kids and parents boarding after A.. I dont travel with children often... but I fly in and out of Orlando ALL the time, and sometimes it got to me when I was early in A group and had 60 people board before me bc 6 adults/teenagers boarded with a 4 yr old. Obviously someone with a couple of kids, especially alone I have no issues with. I just think a lot of people abused the option. I rarely see people board after the A group, but in the kids group that have trouble finding seats together..

Enjoy your trip!!

oxeye

We are leaving tomorrow! I checked in online exactly at the 24 hour mark and we got boarding passes A25-28. No worries about us not being able to sit together. :)

oxeye

Nope, I'm not going to be a public spectacle or anything. ;)

CIMG5331.jpg
CIMG5332.jpg

The Keyfit fits wedges on top of the sideways folded Radian like they were made for each other. :) The cart folds down flat and pretty tiny! So I'll have this through the airport, baby in the Beco on my front, backpack w/ supplies and the girls will each have their own backpack.

The Keyfit base and the RF boot for the Radian are going to be packed very well padded in my luggage. Though I am debating just leaving the Keyfit base home.

I think I'm ready! I'll let you know how it goes.

MomToEliEm

I hope you have a great trip! Hopefully there won't be any issues getting through the airport. Be ready to take apart your luggage part at the security area. Hopefully you can get it all positioned correctly again on the other side.

oxeye

We made it there and back and it really was not bad at all. The cart with all the seats just barely fit down the aisle of the plane but we made it on. :) I brought all three seats on the plane. I opted not to use DD1's seat on the plane to make things a little easier. The XT fit fine in the overhead bin and the flight attendants didn't give me any trouble about putting it up there. The Radian was a dream to install on the plane for DD2. The Keyfit too obviously (but I'd flown with that seat before so I knew it would be fine).

It was a great trip!

indie

I flew Southwest with three kids and three car seats, two Radians and a Boulevard, a few months ago. I put the three car seats in the stroller (two in the seat and one folded Radian in the basket). My 6 year old sat in a window seat in a different aisle, but she was fine. She became very good friends with her seat mate, a forty-ish man who let her play with his PDA while he read her magazine and listened to her MP3 player. It was pretty funny to watch.

I was disappointed that they no longer preboard families. It seems like it would be common courtesy to preboard a mom who has to install three carseats by herself while keeping up with three children.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC