Update: new BV install with LOTS of pics

honeybee03

Ok, so I took my Bv back out AGAIN, and tried some new things.
I really feel better about this install.

Pics of the incline angle and base install:

Pictures210.jpg

What do you think of that angle?

Pictures214.jpg

There is just a tiny space there, but I feel ok about that, I think

ADS

honeybee03

I am kind of worried about the way the top sits between the 2 front seats.
It seems kind of crooked, its not touching both seats equally.
And I don't know if I should move the seats so they are either not touching at all, or push them back so they are smooshed into the carseat (braced)

Pictures217.jpg

Pictures215.jpg

Pictures216.jpg

honeybee03

Here is what I finally ended up finding for the rear tether. I accidentally discovered that if you push a little button, the plastic cap on the end of the track pops off so you can thread the D strap through the holes:

Pictures211.jpg

Pictures213.jpg

I am kind of worried about the way the plastic cover pushes on and bunches the strap when you slide the seat back. Do I need to worry about this?

Pictures209.jpg

Tara

Looks fine to me. I wouldn't stress about the 'unequalness' of the BLVD touching the two front seats. It's likely just the way the front seats are installed. The drivers seat is likely/often installed slightly differently than the passenger, to better fit the cockpit KWIM?
And I don't think the plastic cover is interfering with the tether strap any, I think you're ok there too.
Looks good to me...mind you, I am not a certified tech...though I passed my inspection with flying colors on **5** seats in one vehicle LMHO ;)

skaterbabs

I'd avoid pushing the seat back so far that it hits the d-ring (you don't want to risk damaging it), but other than that it looks very good.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Personally, I never slide the front seat so far back that it is touching the D-ring strap. It seems like it could cause it to fray over time. Other than that, I think everything looks great, and I love your BV cover. If I ever get another one, that's the one I want! Good job! :)

honeybee03

Ok. Thanks for being honest about the D-ring. Since there is no way that we are going to be able to slide the driver seat any more forward than that, I think I will just switch it to the passenger side, keep the seat slid forward, and have passengers only sit in the back. I normally sit in back with dd anyways if dh is driving.
I don't know why I didn't hook it to that seat anyway. It just happened to be the one that I accidently popped that cover off.
It is going to be a b*tch getting it off of there and moving it, but hey, I shouldn't ever have to do it again I guess.

Why is it that all month long its been in the 40's with NO snow or anything (VERY unusual for Fargo) but the DAY I get my seat, it drops to below freezing and gets all snowy and icy and I have to keep playing around with my seat? :rolleyes:
My hands are still warming up from when I was out there for an hour this morning! lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC