Parkway poll, have you had problems with yours?....

Have you had problems with your parkway?

• No, mine has been fine

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • My sometimes has problems but I can make it work.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Mine stopped staying up at all but I haven't had it replaced

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Mine stopped staying up at all and I have had it replaced.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • clicky box

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

emandbri

Many people have had issues with the head rest not staying on their parkways, I'm curious how common this is. Since people might have more than one you can vote for more than one option.

As far as I know this is only for the old parkways not the new slide guards, don't recall reading about any issues with the slide guards yet.

Mine sometimes has a problem but with some jiggling have been able to get it to stay put.

ADS
I voted no problems... I had not had any issues with mine.. I sure hope I don't I should so be knocking on wood right now.. I have this issue with my turbobooster though and graco is replacing the back for me because of it:thumbsup:

kidrepair

I have two PW's, I have problems with one but not the other, I can usually work with it and get it to stick but it is very annoying when you are trying to get somewhere, I've had to have my 6 yr. old ride with the headrest all the way up because it would stick all the way up or I could put it all the way down which is waay to short for her.

NannyMom

I have had problems with both of ours at work (I have never actually used mine that I have at home). J's I just need to make sure that plastic handle pops back up. A's I haven't looked at, but assume it's the same problem. She told me about it after vacation.... and I'd been moving it around (and I'm sure I adjusted the height) while they were away).

me too. All 3 of ours have been owned less than a year. And all are 2007s. But I did have problems.

I really hope there is no problems. I really love ours and so does michael.
What problems do you have with it?
Sometimes I have to pull it a little harder to adjust the height, but not that big of a deal.

ZephyrBlue

After a few months of very sporadic use, our PW headrest wouldn't stay up. I returned it and they refunded my purchase price (after telling me that they would replace it w/a new one- the SG model) after they found out I had bought it on sale for $60.

NannyMom

I really hope there is no problems. I really love ours and so does michael.
What problems do you have with it?
Sometimes I have to pull it a little harder to adjust the height, but not that big of a deal.

The plastic piece you squeeze to adjust the height gets stuck. I just have to make sure it pops back up after I adjust. If I don't, the headrest falls. So, not a huge deal to me.

tiggercat

One of mine had problems, but I was able to fix it by fiddling with it, so I voted sometimes. The other has been fine, I forgot to click the box for this one and it won't let me go back, so add one to the first option.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My 2004's have never had a problem (knock on wood).

I hope the SG's are designed better so this isn't a problem...

skaterbabs

Mine has slipped maybe two or three times since we started using them several years ago, but works fine most of the time.

sirrahn

Mine has never fallen down, but I hate adjusting it...it pulls up too high and then I try to let it down just a little and then it's too low so I pull up, but it sticks so I pull a little harder and then it's too high again...ugh! Almost makes me like the button and tab thing on my SR/C's:p.

knock wood, both of mine (Oct. 2005 DOM's, one Sapphire and one Nantucket) haven't given me any problems. DD1 doesn't use hers much (Air Booster fits her better) but DD2 will probably be using her Sapphire until it expires, she :love:s the cover (so if hers starts getting balky, I'll swap its shell with DD1's:whistle:)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I don't have a PW, but I wanted to jump in here with info about another Britax booster.

The headrests on both of my Bodyguards would slip periodically. Whenever they would start slipping I would use a firm dry toothbrush to clean under the edges of the adjuster handle and they would work perfectly until the grit built back up again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC