Bad Driving Parents

Lilsid

How can parents be so stupid and careless??? Yesterday I was driving home on a relatively busy street around 4:30pm, so it was rush hour. I am stopped at a light and I see next to me a newer Chevy Malibu with leather seats, Ok so it’s not a crappy rental or anything. cant give the benifit of the doubt. Dad is driving Mom is up front next to him and in the back are 3 kids I figure them at 3, 5, and 7 years old. None were in car seats or even wearing their seatbelts 2 were facing backwards leaning up against the backs of the front seats and the other one was bobbing all over like on a sugar high. I just couldn’t handle it I was so disgusted my mouth was hanging open.

Then the light changed and the dad took off I could see that he had Pennsylvania license plates, I am in Arizona. They had to drive all that way with no child restraints at all. I was so sick to my stomach I wanted to call the police but I couldn’t make out any more on his license plate since he took off so fast and he swerved in an out of the lanes and between the cars he was at least 10 car lengths ahead of me before I could catch my breath.

Then I tell DH when I get home, he said it is natural selection and that is what it is. You cant save the world. He came around quickly when I started crying. Maybe the pregnancy hormones or the fact that DH was so mater of fact. I don’t know but it was bothering me and so I had to share.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
(((((HUGS)))))

I feel ya.... Perhaps you might appreciate the road sings on the SD researvation?

X
THINK!
WHY DIE?

DRIVE SAFE

I myself find it rather amusing that while driving one can hardly read the last line which is the whole point of the sign :rolleyes: Someone could easily crash trying to read it while behind the wheel :eek: :confused:

Shaunam

I know it's not a nice thing to think, but I sort of agree with your DH about the natural selection thing. Stronger, smarter animals live and breed a stronger, smarter species. Humans are not exempt from this. It sucks to see stuff like that, but sometimes you can't do anything. I've seen babies ride on mom's lap in the front, but I wasn't able to see the license plate to report it. I try not to think about what could happen. And if it really keeps bugging me (long past when I should have let it go), I think of natural selection and hope a couple of generations from now, we're a smarter species. :eek: It actually makes me feel better. I don't know if that's a good or bad quality about me. :p

beeman

Well, at least 2 of them were still rear facing, even though the parents don't realise that they need to be in a carseat for rear facing to do any good. Yeah, I'll agree on the natural selection. It works on my bees, why wouldn't it be the same for people?

Do you think they saw your face, that they sped up and swerved in & out of traffic to get away from you quickly, knowing that you were disapproving and maybe fearing you'd call the cops on them?

::shudders::

The problem for me with the Natural Selection mindset, is that it's the children suffering for the parents' stupidity. Those kids could grow up to be smart as a whip, but if they die because of their idiot parents, they won't be given the chance. :(

Lilsid

I feel the same way it’s not a parental right to kill your kids because you are too stupid to figure out car seat and boosters, let alone seat belts them selves.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC