Your Input Needed

Designer70

I am an Industrial Design student that is working on a project to improve the user experience of infant car seats. What I need to get started is some user input. So here is my question: If you could improve one aspect of the user experience what would it be and why? Take into consideration all the ways in which you have to interact with your infant car seat. (ie. carrying, installing, loading, walking, safety, etc.) Your experiences and ideas will directly impact the course of this project and are invaluable and I thank you for your time and consideration.

ADS

Splash

Five little words- Fisher Price Stay-In-View. Discontinued long before I had kids, but the best idea in an infant seat ever ever ever.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, the carry strap (instead of a huge bulky handle that has restrictions on whether it can be up or down in the car) was incredible. The anti-rebound base with the built in mirror added safety and peace of mind. It was kind of small and the back of the seat was sharp and destroyed the non-replaceable harness, it also had almost no padding. But the strap and the base were truly awesome, if you could just meld that with a Chicco Key Fit, you'd be in (smooth harness straps and adjuster, good fit for tiny and large babies alike, absolutely the easiest to install base ever with LATCH).

menfusse

ITA! This is the seat I had with my first dd as an infant. It was when Fisher Price stopped making seats and they went out to so many retailers to get rid of their stock. I got a stay in view and a safe embrace which was also awesome! I LOVED the strap and missed it terribly when my younger dd came along and we went with a snug ride. I also loved the way the base fit in the car with the mirror built right in. Really, they were pretty ahead of their time back then.

Designer70

I'm sorry I probably should have included that info. I'm a student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. These are great comments please keep them coming!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC