Finally get to buy a new seat!

hsjwmom

DD is finally about to outgrow her KF. She weighs 21lbs and still has some hard shell above her head, but it's close enough that I need to get her next seat. We've only been using it for a spare on the rare occasion that we ride in dh's truck. It's too stinking hot to uninstall and reinstall the RA.

So my plan is to use the RA as a spare that we'll use rfing as long as possible, then flip her ff. I'm positive she'll make it to 2 rfing in it, as she is pretty small and has a fairly short torso to boot.

Now, I need to buy dd's long term, every day seat for my Sienna. I briefly considered a MyRide, but the lack of alligator clips and the shorter shell dissuaded me. Too bad, because I love the cupholders and some of the girly covers. :p

I think I'm going to go with a TFP. The tall shell, alligator clips, plenty of rfing legroom and the ARB are what sold me on it. I just have one issue. I don't like either cover. :eek: Has there been any rumors at all of new covers coming soon? Does anyone know how much a new cover from Learning Curve runs? (I'm thinking of buying a Monet cover)

I'm going to wait a week or two to order one because I'm hoping they go on sale somewhere or someone has an awesome coupon in September. The best deal I've found so far is from the Learning Curve store: $220 after the 25% off coupon.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Yeah, the covers on the TFP aren't the awesomest. I went with the Cranberry just because I liked it more than the Blue, but I'm not in love with it.

I got mine for $216 after shipping at kiddietoys.com. So not much less than what you've seen. And that was with an online coupon for $5 off.

Wendy

hsjwmom

Hmmm, it looks like they are out of stock, but it still lets me add it to my cart and go all the way through the purchasing process. It's letting me use the $10 off coupon even though before shipping, the price is less than $200! IF they have them, total price will be $213.95! Not too shabby. :)

ZephyrBlue

I bought a brand new Monet cover for my TFP and it fits ;) Very tight, but I can get the snaps snapped. I'm sure techs can't recommend using the old style cover since it wasn't specifically tested w/the new seat, but it's a chance I'm comfortable taking :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC