Why in the world are there any other infant seats?

ZephyrBlue

Besides the KeyFit, that is. Seriously, there are no flaws with this seat, are there? Installation literally took me less than 2 minutes with LATCH (and that's just because I kept checking to make sure the little bit of slidy-ness was from the plastic and leather contact and not any slack in the LATCH straps- otherwise it would have installed in about 37 seconds!!)

The infant insert would have been so great for my other 6lbers- this seat really will fit a tiny nb, I bet. Harness adjuster is butter-smooth..Even the chest clip is good- not obnoxiously huge like on the Graco infant seats. Oh, and from what I can deduce from the manual, you can have the handle in any position while driving, provided that it's locked into place.

Honestly, is there any reason to buy a different infant seat? This thing is amazing :love:

ADS

cheerbop

I also love it.

I questioned whether I would really love it *that* much, but I do.

The kicker for me--the insert ROCKS:love:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, it's a little pricey. Plus the colors are limited. (I wanted a KeyFit but got the SS1 because I was in love with Deco. Then I didn't use it because it was so huge. I probably would still be using the KF if I had it.)

But yes, it is as close to the ideal seat as one could find.

hsjwmom

Eh.. the sunshade isn't very big... at all. That's all I can think of...

That was my ONLY issue.

I :love: that seat soooo much! Dh is totally spoiled...we've been using it as a spare in his truck and he loves how easy it is to unLATCH it when he has guys from work ride with him. When I told him dd is on the verge of out growing it and that I was going to buy a cheap spare (Scenera), he said to get something good, that was easy to unLATCH, and would last a while. After the ease of using the KF, other seats just don't compare!

lovinwaves

If I were having another child, I would more than likely get a Keyfit.

However, the seat is pricey compared to others on the market that will get the same "job" done in the event of an accident.

tracee877

I originally bought a KF to use with DS2 but hated the canopy. I ended up exchanging it for the Graco SS1. I love me some HUGE Graco canopies.:eek:

vonfirmath

Enh. I have not used the Keyfit (too expensive) but my Safeseat took me less than 2 minutes to install, with the SEATBELT. I have no idea how LATCH worked. Why bother with LATCH when the seatbelt is that easy?

It totally and utterly spoiled me.

And kids last longer in the Safeseat than the Keyfit.

There are multiple seats out there because people are looking for different things when they are looking for car seats.

I know a lot of people here would not like it if, say, the Britax Marathon was the only convertible available even if I happen to believe its a "pretty close to perfect" seat.

PS My baby was obnoxiously huge at birth, and my family tends to have obnoxiously huge babies

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I could love it if the darn buckle tongues were just a teensy bit wider and slid easily on the harness.

flick37

It only goes to 22lbs here in Canada...the reason I am not getting the Keyfit. It we had the KF30, I would totally get it.

oxeye

I could love it if the darn buckle tongues were just a teensy bit wider and slid easily on the harness.

This is my only complaint. But otherwise I love the seat and will be very sad when DS outgrows it! The canopy doesn't bother me because I never use it. I really should just take it off.

flick37

I had a snugride for DD and we never used the canopy. It never worked right and was such a pain. I hated it. it was never a smooth up/down. I just ended up taking it off. So, a small canopy on keyfit wouldn't sway me (just the no 30lb option...)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I gave my almost-step-sister a list of seats I'd recommend, infant and convertible, and gave her the pros and cons of using or not using an infant seat, and told her to choose a seat and we'll get her one for a baby present.

She got back to me today, she's getting the Keyfit in Miro. My favorite! :love: I personally would choose a convertible but she lives where they get literally feet of snow in the winter and very cold weather, so I really think an infant seat is probably a good idea for them.

Calideedle

I tried out both & went with the SS1. I just liked it better :confused: but I would love to play with the Keyfit for awhile.

Enh. but my Safeseat took me less than 2 minutes to install, with the SEATBELT. I have no idea how LATCH worked. Why bother with LATCH when the seatbelt is that easy?

It takes me no time at all (1.5mins?) to install our SS1, LATCH and seatbelt. I love it :love:

Kyras_Mama

Because some of us have 10 lb babies with chests like barrels and thighs like tree trunks instead of 6 lb babies? (And cars with no latch. :) ) I actually loved our safeseat as far as infant seats go... but then... my question isn't why are there other infant seats, but why are there infant seats at all. We went straight for a truefit this time around and never looked back. :D

kphil

I love, love my KF, too. I had a snugride for my first two and loved so many things about the KF compared to it. I don't like carrying a bucket around, so the 22 lb one I have is plenty for me. I do wish ours had a softer fabric. That's the only thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Isn't the install lovely?
Vonfirmath, you should try the KF base. Nothing can compare to that lock-off. :love:

I actually prefer the SS1/Snugride32 lockoff. It somehow seems more natural to smash something down on top of the belt than to slip it into the little thingy.

Not that the KF is in any way difficult with a belt. Either one can be installed in 30 seconds.

The KeyFit beats any seat (other than maybe the SafeGuard) for LATCH install. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC