I didn't buy it

Splash

I gave my 20% off coupon to a family buying a BV and getting horrid advice from the sales chick.

I was all set to buy it. I liked it. It fit great in the center of my car :love:. I had to do some wiggling and it wasn't an easy install, but by no means very difficult. And the Cocorro beside it was heaven, leaving room for a third seat or even a smallish adult. Really liked that!
Installed fine RF, bigger than I like but duh, it's not a Cocorro. My goal had been to buy it for Charlie and give it to Sam when he outgrew the Cocorro.

So why did't I buy it? Sara (FLMom) was there with me, and she pointed out some things I didn't see about why she returned it. The uber narrow harness straps (had I had Charlie with me, I could have checked to see if it was really an issue, but he wasn't there), and the hard, abrupt ending of the headrest that would hit him in the middle of his back. Seemed quite uncomfortable. Again, he wasn't with me though, so I can't be certain.

They sell it at TRU so I'm probably gonna take Charlie down there later to get a toy that he asked for, and I'll check him in it there. Although he did call me when I was there to specifically tell me NOT to give away his blue seat (MA). Oh how he loves that thing, I'm not sure how I'll be able to get him to move into something else when he outgrows it... he's only been in it ~3-4 months, but he :love: it.

ADS

lovinwaves

That "bump" hasn't seemed to bother my kids yet, but then again the headrest is still pretty far down on my shrimps. It may become a problem later on.

For those who haven't been following Splash's previous threads, she is talking about the new Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible seat.

Splash

Strike that. I, uh, rented it. I went to TRU to get Charlie a toy since he's going into the hospital Monday for some additional testing, and he wanted a special treat. While there, I had him sit in it and he liked it and said he wanted it. So, I bought it (they did stack the 10% and 15% coupons, my total was $206 after tax).
I wasn't able to get the MA back in the center to my liking, and if this offered an opportunity to put it in the center, I was gonna take it.

I put it in, I'm not super in love with it, but it's good. I left all the stickers on it and may or may not keep it. I did get the orange and brown one, though, in my grey car :rolleyes:. I just liked the colors so much and it matches my Cocorro nicely.

Fits Charlie great, he likes it, I'm still undecided. As always, it seems.

HEVY

I knew you would purchase a seat before Sept. I also knew you would go for the orange/brown. And uhmm, I didn't think you would love it :p

ZephyrBlue

wow, good for you that they stacked your coupons! my bru sales people get all kinds of wired up when i ask about combining coupons.

FLmom

I really hope Charlie loves it. I think it's a serves it's purpose as a seat for older children. I really really like the air protect aspect of it. If DS was near the 35lb limit I would've definitely kept mine. It just has SO MUCH more height than the RN and of course the MR. However, DS is only 7 months old and I just can't justify in my head spending that much money on a seat I don't LOVE when really there's so many other nice seats out there that would fit him just fine right now. By the time he gets to 35lbs who knows what cool seats they'll have out. I really do think it's a great seat for ERF. The straps I think would be an easy fix with strap covers...short thin ones of course;) and I'm not sure the bump in the back would even be bothersome (since DS was only on the second from the bottom slots he never needed the headrest that high)...it just seems uncomfortable to me but hey I also wouldn't be able to sit with my knees bent for an hour so who knows if it'll even bother your LO. Oh and I LOVE that you got the orange one!!! I love it too...but I'm like you and I think It'd make my eye twitch everytime I saw it on my blue AND black interior. Orange I could handle but definitely not orange and brown on there lol. Now both boys are rockin the orange in you blue car..sigh Gator colors...perfection:thumbsup:

Splash

There ya go, Gator colors. I really wanted to get him the UF MA but the material was too hot.

The bump didn't seem to bother him, nor the straps (and I'll definitely get some covers, or use some of the 15 pair of MA covers I have). I should have picked some of those terry ones up at BRU, then they would have matched at least.

It didn't leave as much room once both were securely installed. More than the MA, but not enough for a person (I don't think), and I can't reach the other buckle. I could put another seat there though with LATCH.

PHaley

Pictures picture pictures... glad you guys are liking it so far, I was hoping you'd settle on the CA :thumbsup:

outnumberedby6

That "bump" hasn't seemed to bother my kids yet, but then again the headrest is still pretty far down on my shrimps. It may become a problem later on.

For those who haven't been following Splash's previous threads, she is talking about the new Safety 1st Complete Air Convertible seat.

THANKS lololol was wondering.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC