Grrrrrr Britax

gsdguenter

Why can't they make a seat that rf to 40+ lbs. AND is legal to use in the US? I do like my CA (bought it only for the 40lbs. capability and it serves its purpose well) but LOVE my MA! Is that really too much to ask? Grrrrr. I just had to vent.
Maybe I should just invent the True Radithon :p. It would have all the best features of the TF, RN, and MA - my personal favorites. I actually had a dream about this last night (I think I am now officially car seat crazy:whistle:) Thanks for reading:D

ADS

outnumberedby6

Why can't they make a seat that rf to 40+ lbs. AND is legal to use in the US? I do like my CA (bought it only for the 40lbs. capability and it serves its purpose well) but LOVE my MA! Is that really too much to ask? Grrrrr. I just had to vent.
Maybe I should just invent the True Radithon :p. It would have all the best features of the TF, RN, and MA - my personal favorites. I actually had a dream about this last night (I think I am now officially car seat crazy:whistle:) Thanks for reading:D

unfortunately u are not alone. i too have been dreaming of carseat configurations and what not. sad. really really sad. lol

how do u like the complete air vs your MA? i have and love my MA but was thinking of doing the same as u. however myguy is not over the 35lbs. hes just 30lbs. so i have some time. i actually just got off of the phone with britax and asked them why they cant bring the multi tech here. and or why not have a seat that at least surpasses 40rf and i want a wider booster without having to buy a frontier to get it! arg! ok. im done.:D

jujumum

I'm with you! If they can't figure out getting the MT here, at least they can sell the Frontier in MT style covers for goodness sake. Britax is rapidly becoming outdated.:(

gsdguenter

I LOVE my MA and just like my CA. It doesn't help that DD has only thrown up twice in her life and both times were when riding in her CA:mad:. But, it serves its purpose very well. I don't think I regret my decision, but I am now trying to sell my MAs so I can get RNs to fit 3 across for when we have #3 (I'm not even preggo yet, just thinking ahead:whistle:) I think maybe I just like buying car seats:eek:
DH actually said the other day, while reinstalling the CA, I wish this seat was a Britax 'cause they're so much easier to install. But, I really wanted 40 lbs. rfing. DD#1 is only 30 lbs though. Gee, now the more I type I think maybe I jumped the gun, but I still like the CA. Not sure why I didn't buy a RN? I think since I've never seen one IRF I'm scared they wont fit in my cars - 2000 and 2004 Passat wagons.
Oh goodness, now I babbling:eek:

gsdguenter

I used to think I'd only ever buy a Britax and now I'm not sure I'll buy another one until booster age that is because of the whole 40 lbs. thing. My DD is in the 75%ile for height and weight so I will need the 40 lbs. to get her to 3 1/2-4 rrfing. 4 is my ultimate goal.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Out of curiosity, if you did have a "True Radithon," what aspects of the Marathon would you incorporate?

outnumberedby6

I'm with you! If they can't figure out getting the MT here, at least they can sell the Frontier in MT style covers for goodness sake. Britax is rapidly becoming outdated.:(

yes that would be great! and i told britax today "u used to have the star riser compy or the monarch or the bodyguard which was adjustable. ill be it, it appeared to be a pain, according to friends who had it but at least it would work. now im going to either have to buy a frontier for a booster or i dont know. i need the high back other wise the harmony looked interesting.

dont know about the clek oobers. lol i thi nk i butchered that. and do u know what the nautilus looks like for a booster. is it wide?

emandbri

Out of curiosity, if you did have a "True Radithon," what aspects of the Marathon would you incorporate?

I would like a one pull adjuster, lock off for seat belt install, and cute covers! I want an Erin cover on my radian! ;) Sunshine kids needs to let me pick out fabrics! :whistle:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I would like a one pull adjuster, lock off for seat belt install, and cute covers! I want an Erin cover on my radian! ;) Sunshine kids needs to let me pick out fabrics! :whistle:

But the Marathon's adjuster bites, and the True Fit has lockoffs. Other than cute covers, I don't see what the Marathon could contribute to the "True Radithon." Might as well just be the "True Radian."

Maybe I just don't get the Britax brand loyalty.

emandbri

But the Marathon's adjuster bites, and the True Fit has lockoffs.

Interesting I like the adjuster on the MA, I honestly don't recall what the adjuster was like on the true fit, I used it as little as possible since it was buried. I never tried the forward facing lock off on the true fit but when I tried the rear-facing one and the belt slipped through.

ks1978

But the Marathon's adjuster bites, and the True Fit has lockoffs. Other than cute covers, I don't see what the Marathon could contribute to the "True Radithon." Might as well just be the "True Radian."

Maybe I just don't get the Britax brand loyalty.

I have NO Britax loyalty, but I love how easily it installs. I am always a bit afraid to take out the Radian, but am perfectly comfortable taking the Mararthon in and out. And I like the adjuster more than with the Radian. Seriously, combining the three seats would be sweet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC