Has anyone ever seen this before?

frugalmom

Ahhh
I know everyone here will understand my issues with what I have seen in the last 24 hours.

First thing
I was out with my kids on a walk when I walked past a minivan and of course I was checking out the carseats inside, what did I see?

A Graco Snugride installed forward facing! I kept pearing in because I thought I must be crazy. I don't even know how they figured out how to do that.

ADS
I see it a lot, its insane, I saw a woman drive up to the PO while I was crossing the street, she had a 3 year old looking child laying down across the back seat and a ffing evenflo infant seat not even installed, just sitting there on the seat with a 18 month old looking kid rocking back and forth ffing in it.. it looked like the mom and the grand mother driving together.

I watched a woman put her kid ffing in an infant seat and drive off once too, I sat there with my jaw hanging open, when she saw me and started making very threatening looks back at me with her really big friend so I kept my mouth shut even though I should have said something.

emandbri

I saw one at school last week. We were driving by and she was getting her kids out of the car and I made Brian stop so I could get out and talk to her! She was insisting that it could be used both rear-facing and forward facing. I couldn't help myself, I tried to move it and it was ROCK SOLID! I mean it would most likely flip in a crash but it was tight for the moment.

mykidsmylife

Had a friend that managed to run the LATCH throught the back of the base somehow and install the seat FF using LATCH. Super tight install though. @@. I watched the baby and REFUSED to let her ride that way in my car.

susanx4

i see it all the time here! and today i was walking past a car in target parking lot with an infant seat with handle up FF... no one was in the car or i might of said something...

obamamama

Nice, why do people think that infant seats go FF? It makes no sense.

I mostly see infant seats in carts at Target, Walmart, etc. That bothers the crap out of me when its on the top part-- and when people are trying so hard to see if it will fit securely and it doesnt they usually just let the seat sit weird and the kid is at a strange angle. ARGH!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC