talk to me about baby carriers.

Cryssy Jane

I have a bjorn active... I HATE it, and pretty much have used it once or twice.

I have an ERGO, and LOVE it, but it's so bulky when wearing a newborn/young infant on my front. I love wearing the toddler on my back with that baby though. So comfy.

I've had a snugli before and hated it.

I'm not a big fan of ring slings, or slings in general.

I hated my moby, it took way to much time to get in and out of for me.

I really would like the back support, that's the only part I actually like about the bjorn. I like the clips instead of ties, but could work with ties if needed.

So talk to me about carriers, what's something else I could try? The above are just about all I can find in any local store.

ADS

cpsaddict

I have a Catbird Baby Pikkolo. You can wear baby facing in, facing out, on your hip or back. Here is a pic with dd facing out.
DSCN0182.jpg

The waist is unstructured, so it folds tiny to fit in my diaper bag. You can cross the straps like the Bjorn, but I don't like it that way, so I use the chest strap like the Ergo.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
Check out Michikobaby.com she makes the duo it sounds exactly like what you want I have 3 and love mine! I will post pictures when I'm on my computer.

Cryssy Jane

Check out Michikobaby.com she makes the duo it sounds exactly like what you want I have 3 and love mine! I will post pictures when I'm on my computer.

I do like that and the support it seems to offer in the back, but I'm not sure it would support a wobbly newborn's head. I didn't see many baby baby pictures.

Cryssy Jane

I love my baby k'tan too :)

can you explain the difference between this and a moby? It looks the same as a moby except it has a big knot in the middle?
ok I see a little bit of a difference, but I'm not completely sold. I wish there was a store near that carried. May have to take a field trip to downtown seattle area to test one in person.

The one thing I didn't like about the moby was all the twisting and time it took to get baby settled. The ergo I just pop in and go.

Last edited:

LuvMyCharlie

The Baby K'tan is basically a pre-wrapped wrap. Does that make sense? I know that some
Targets carry them. Might see if your local one does so you can try it out!

MySillyKids

I do like that and the support it seems to offer in the back, but I'm not sure it would support a wobbly newborn's head. I didn't see many baby baby pictures.

Let me dig through my photobucket and see if i can find my baby photos with me and MissK. I started using it when K was 2 months old.

Cryssy Jane

The Baby K'tan is basically a pre-wrapped wrap. Does that make sense? I know that some
Targets carry them. Might see if your local one does so you can try it out!

My target doesn't carry them :( neither do any of the locals. But I really :love: the camo... hmmm the price is right.

Anyone seen the little diaper bag? Looks like it would be good to hold some gs, wipes and a bottle/cup. Any thoughts?

Cryssy Jane

Let me dig through my photobucket and see if i can find my baby photos with me and MissK. I started using it when K was 2 months old.

That would be great! That's the thing I'm most worried about. She's 4 months, but was a preemie and still does not have very good head control. She's alright in the bjorn with the back flipped up, but I hate that thing and I hate how it seems that baby just flops around in it. She'll fit froggy style in the ergo, it's just big and clunky FF.

Although I suppose I can wash up the bjorn and sell it for more than this costs :whistle:

zactayaus

I bought an ergo sport not quite two weeks ago. It's ok but I don't really like the bulky shoulder straps and it takes some time to get good at putting it on and off and getting baby in and out.

My friend let me borrow her beco butterfly. I've had it for almost a week now and I love it. I am buying it from her. It is so much easier to use. I had been using a snugli and was so used to how easy it was to get baby in and out but with a 17lb 4 month old it was killing my shoulders and back. The beco is so easy to use. I can get baby in and out super quick and easy. It's very comfy. I used it for over 2 hours at the zoo today and I don't hurt at all. It does come with an infant insert but I don't need to use it cause DS is so big. It also folds up pretty compactly. Not small enough for a baby bag but after it's folded I can hang it on the handle of my stroller or through it in the basket and that works for me.

zactayaus

Good lord that thing has so many buckles. Based on weight, I'd have to use the infant insert. It looks like a lot of work.

Not too many buckles at all and super easy. I keep the shoulder straps and the back/chest clip snapped at all times. I put it on kind of like you would a shirt. I then clip the waist strap, put baby in and just have two clips to snap to keep baby in. When I take it off I just undo the two clips that keep baby in. Take the baby out. Undo the waist clip and pull it up over my head like a shirt. Done. Super easy.:)

Cryssy Jane

Not too many buckles at all and super easy. I keep the shoulder straps and the back/chest clip snapped at all times. I put it on kind of like you would a shirt. I then clip the waist strap, put baby in and just have two clips to snap to keep baby in. When I take it off I just undo the two clips that keep baby in. Take the baby out. Undo the waist clip and pull it up over my head like a shirt. Done. Super easy.:)

Hmm I need friends that have these cool things... the k'tan is well within my price range, the beco a bit over. I'm not sure I could keep the ergo and the beco at that price.

Anyone know if the k'tan website has a good return policy in case I don't like it?

thismomsews

Check out www.thebabywearer.com forums. The people on there are extremely knowledgeable (and opinionated!) on their carriers. It's like here except for all types of carriers. Look in the section under basics called "choosing and using and Asian style or soft structured carrier" Just pose the question of what age/size the baby is and what specifics you want-they can give you details on any carrier and even suggest some you may not know about-they can even tell you where to snag a great deal! You probably won't be able to find what you are looking for in an average store though.... good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC