Radian Customer Service

ks1978

I'm not sure whether I should be happy or confused about this.. I complained back in June about the quality of my Rio cover, they finally sent a replacement cover about 2 weeks ago. THe cover was ripped. It looked like they just took it off another seat, but weren't careful about that snap you need to pry off with a butter knife. Not a huge deal, but still.. SO I sent another email and picture showing the damage and asked if they would like me to return the cover so I could get another replacement cover. DIdn't hear a word from them but today another cover came.. SO now I have three Rio covers in my posession for one carseat. I find it very odd that they didn't respond to my email. Or not so odd, considering their CS track record. SO do I contact them again about returning the damaged cover? Or do I assume they just dont want it back? THe one that arrived today has the pillow and infant insert, and the first one that came had the safestop, but not the pillows.

Last edited:
ADS

Raegansmom4

I'd think if they wanted the cover back, they would let you know or have included a return label with the new one. If they want it back bad enough, they will contact you.

obamamama

ITA about sending you a label. I emailed them about three weeks ago about my frayed belly pad and never heard anything. Not a peep. hmmmm. they used to be so on top of things at SK.

jrmo

Wow! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. When I have been able to get ahold of someone, they keep saying, "I've NEVER heard of ripped covers!" Hmmmm.... Then why is there a thread of people with similar experiences...

puglover333

I called a couple of weeks ago about an issue with my Monterey and they were great. Called me back about it the same day.

Now I'm having a problem with my Radian. I e-mailed them through their main site on Thursday and am waiting for a reply (I wanted to include photos, so I did e-mail instead of calling).

Have lots of people had problems contacting them through e-mail? Is there a better e-mail to use than the one on their main site?

Hopefully I'll hear back from them in the next couple of days....

Our harness frayed on one of our radians, I sent pics and complained about it, they insisted it was safe,, THIS WAS A NASTY BAD FRAY.. not fuzz but big time fraying.. I went to a tech and posted the pics here and everyone said it was not safe, so I emailed them again and said that my tech and several others disagree, is there something they can please do about it.. next thing I knew they were sending a new seat along, they went above and beyond it was a RN 65 and they sent an rn 80 with a nov 08 dom so it was 40 lbs rear facing a few months later when they tested them.

I think if you complain twice about the same thing they really don't ignore the problem. (the second time is the charm lol)

BW1426

I've received 2 replacement covers from sunshine kids. Both were damaged :rolleyes: So I went from 2 damaged covers to 4. Awesome.

ks1978

I've received 2 replacement covers from sunshine kids. Both were damaged :rolleyes: So I went from 2 damaged covers to 4. Awesome.

HA, maybe we can all arrange a damaged cover swap... ;) It's not damaged enough to throw away, but seems like they would send a NEW cover in PERFECT condition, right? Do they not notice they're ripping them when they take them off the other seats? Seems kind of silly that this many of us had the same problem with the replacement covers. Hopefully they will begin to get it right...

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
What in the world kind of craziness is going on at SK? That's terrible customer service. And what are they doing with a bunch of naked Radians?

Maybe someone should try to get their attention and let them know how many people this has happened to, so whoever is in charge of sending these things out will realize that there IS a way to take off a cover without tearing it. How irritating.

jrmo

I asked the lady I talked to if they could just CHECK the covers before sending them to me, to save us all time, money, and hassle.... Apparently not. Anyone have Russ's email?

xxluckychicxx

The same thing happened to my replacement cover, except not only was the side ripped but they just pulled the belly pad off (instead of taking the crotch strap off) and ripped it really bad :mad::thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC