Safeguard Go bought by Dorel

JOII

Dont recall if this has been mentioned yet but I just saw it on the spillingthebeans blog.

http://mbeans.com/spillingthebeans/baby/safeguard-go-going-to-dorel/

The Safeguard Go car seat has been off the market for the past few months while IMMI, the company behind the brand, looked for a new distribution partner. According to a letter we received yesterday, their search has ended and Dorel will be distributing the product under the Safety 1st brand....

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's like finding out that Denny's purchased the Cheesecake Factory.

(They didn't. It's just an analogy. I'm hungry.)

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ugh...that blows...seriously ANYone but Dorel...I do NOT buy products from them, and the Go! is such a good one...

gsdguenter

I love the Denny's Cheesecake Factory analogy! Can someone tell me more about the Safeguard. I've never heard of it except it's always advertised up top.

Maedze

I love the Denny's Cheesecake Factory analogy! Can someone tell me more about the Safeguard. I've never heard of it except it's always advertised up top.

The Safeguard and the Safeguard Go are two different seats.

The SafeGuard go is a forward facing only harnessed seat from 20 to 65 pounds, and converts to a backless booster.

It has a soft back and must be installed in a position with a top tether, because the harness is suspended from the anchor. It can be stored folded up because there's no plastic shell.

It can be used with LATCH up to 65 pounds, and it can be LATCHed in backless booster format.

Great for travel if you know you have a LATCH equipped seat at your destination, but obviously not FAA approved, and no good in older cars.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
IF they would just take the same design, manufacture it the same way, re-brand it, and not change anything else (except maybe lower the price to $130 or so) it wouldn't be a bad thing. (I wouldn't mind a fabric change, if it resulted in a lower price, and maybe prettier options.)

I have a feeling they'll mess with it somehow, though...

Maedze

IF they would just take the same design, manufacture it the same way, re-brand it, and not change anything else (except maybe lower the price to $130 or so) it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have a feeling they'll mess with it somehow, though...

I'm thinking of the Tote-n-Go with a sick pit in my belly....

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL. Poor Dorel. They're trying so hard and doing so many things right, yet people still hate them. (Including me--I'm certainly not attacking anyone.)

They're like the unloved step-child.

ETA: They're also doing many things wrong. Didn't mean that their reputation is totally unearned. Just wondering how many "right" things they have to do before they catch a break.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC