oh no, my junior car seat geeks are forgetting their lines

So DDs' had a visit last weekend from their favorite little 5YO cousin (the one we handed down DD1's old CarGo to b/c cousin was still in a ComfortSport and above the harness slots) and I had to prompt both of them when they strayed from our Extended harnessing script. DD1 said "I was in a booster when I was 5, are you?" - I practically tripped over myself to interject "Sweetie, remember, L has your old Graco seat, remember? She's not 40 lbs. yet. We moved you out of your Graco seat b/c you were 40 lbs. when you were 5"
Later on they were riding 3 across in our Highlander and I had cousin in the RSTV (cousin's dad had gone back to hotel b/c his octagenarian mom wanted to rest and we told cousin's mom that we could drive her and cousin back to the hotel so her DH wouldn't have to go back to our house to pick them up) and DD2 tells her cousin "cool, you're in a big kid seat" but after DD2 sees me give her the "mommy look" she rapidly corrects herself and adds "you have a big kid seat in your car too, the Graco isn't a baby seat".
sigh, their geek-ness is getting a bit rusty. I blame all those un-boostered classmates of theirs for being a bad influence:p

ADS

MomToEliEm

They are learning. It can be hard to get kids to say the correct lines all the time. I need to start training my kids for what to say when they see encounter carseat/booster seat situations. Right now, I doubt their friends use booster seats at all, which is sad.

cmm7

S's parents aren't too happy with some of the things that come out of her mouth thanks to me. She is constantly telling Z to sit right in her booster and telling her parents Z needs a harnessed seat. She even rambles off some names of seats Z can use. It helped me out one day, though, when I was driving a 4'2" 8 year old who was trying to refuse the booster (but got in after I told her it was that or not coming with us). I guess she kept moving and trying to change the best but S corrected her every. single. time. It was great.

Z on the other hand is like your daughters. She will comment on kids riding in "baby seats" when she is still harnessed herself in my car!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC