Question I need help choosing

U

Unregistered

It's so hard to decide. I have narrowed it down to these. Which would you pick and why. Our dd is 7 mo, 19 lbs, 28 in. It will go in a Hyundai Sonata. Thanks!

First Years True Fit
EvenFlow Triumph Advance
Radian XT or 65
Britax Marathon
Britax Roundabout 50

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
LOL I just asked what you were thinking of. My order of these...

First Years True Fit
Radian XT or 65
Evenflo Triumph Advance
Britax Marathon
Britax Roundabout 50

Reasoning being, the True Fit has a super tall shell and lots of leg room, built in lockoffs, is pretty easy to install, has a seven year lifespan, has a great price, very soft and comfy, great weight limits.

The Radian is harder to install, but it has an eight year lifespan, tall shell, a 40 pound rear facing weight limit, lots of leg room.

The EFTA has a tall shell, high top slots (17.5", same as the other two), decent weight limits, pretty easy to install, and is very economically price.

The Marathon and Roundabout 50 don't make my top five, but on your list they'd be on the bottom. The Marathon has the same weight limits as the True Fit, but the shell is shorter, the top slots are lower, there is less leg and shoulder room, and it's far more expensive with a six year lifespan. The Roundabout 50 is about the same size, though it has a 50 pound forward facing limit instead of 65, and it doesn't have built in lockoffs. It's economical (for a Britax),but still, you can get a taller shell, higher weight limits, and a longer lasting seat for less money.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for the info! Greatly appreciated :). How is the Safety 1st CA? How does it compare with the other seats I mentioned?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's got a 40 pound weight limit, 50 pounds forward with 17.5" top slots. It's $250. So it'll last a long time rear and forward facing, provided your child does top 50 pounds before getting a 17.5" torso.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC