Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Laurette's Avatar

ICK, head slump in the Radian...

My poor DD. After this I moved her out of the Radian.

Although, I was suprised that DS had no head slump at all FFing. It exceded my expectations for FFing... Dissapointed me for RFing.
    Former CPST/Mommy to
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/nlgm2006/IMG_0508-1.jpg
    adding a new seat to my Mazda5 in June!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: ICK, head slump in the Radian...

I don't think of that as head slump. Just going to the side. Looks uncomfy for us, but for her, she is fine.

The pic angle makes it look less worse than it was. Her head was almost totally sideways....
    Former CPST/Mommy to

I think of head slump as forward. Side to side, is ok, just look umcomfortable.

If she was uncomfortable, she would wake up Head to the side like that isn't dangerous at all, and it's inevitable in seats with wide sides & no head support.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Could you put the lil comfy soft head pillows on there? That would help that alot.

Yeah, I am sure the extra padding they have would help tremendously. This was a loaner seat from a friend that I was trying out. It is a 65 so it doesnt have the extra padding.

I really liked the seat, just not for Rfing at all. It only fit Rfing in one spot in my car, behing the driver so thats not really going to work. I'm really glad I got to try one out before buying one.

I will probably get an XT for DD if we end up having a third child before getting a new vehicle. But hopefully she will be FFIng by then.
    Former CPST/Mommy to

I know it's not a safety concern, but I don't like it either. I've waken up from sleeping wrong on my neck and it hurts.. it didn't wake me during my sleep, but all day long I could feel it in my neck
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Quote Originally Posted by AustinsMommy View Post
    I know it's not a safety concern, but I don't like it either. I've waken up from sleeping wrong on my neck and it hurts.. it didn't wake me during my sleep, but all day long I could feel it in my neck
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    I don't think of that as head slump. Just going to the side. Looks uncomfy for us, but for her, she is fine.
    WE are different from kids. Remember sitting cross legged on the floor, playing with barbies? Can you do it now, for the same amount of time? Kids are more flexible.

If it helps any, I used to ask my Aunt, who is a chiro, about that when my kids were babies...she said they are just fine
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Yep, it doesn't bother a baby. But if it bothers YOU, know that the Comfy Soft pillow makes a world of difference.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

That actually does bother DD2, she wakes up miserable. The comfy soft make a huge difference.
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

Can you recline the seat any more? I can't get a feel for the angle from that pic. In most vehicles it's 45 or barely more upright, but some vehicles it goes in pretty upright. If so, and if you have the front to back room, you can use the top tether to adjust the angle. It's allowed with the Radian (but not Britax seats).
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

Since the radian will only install in the position behind the driver there is no more room to recline the CR any more.

I'm not too worried about it. This is not her seat, we don't even have it in our possession any more. The point was to show that if a little baby will be using this seat they are going to need the extra cushions.

Wether it bothers the baby or not, it bothered me. She fits much better in her Uptown. She turns her head an nuzzles in most times before I even get her buckled when she is sleepy.
    Former CPST/Mommy to